The Makro Multi-Kruzer Rocks!

beephead

Elite Member
I'm really liking this detector a lot, especially with the 7 inch concentric search coil attached. It's one of the best built detectors that I've ever used. It's ID is great, the menu is well thought out and easy to navigate, it's deep, it does a great job at unmasking good targets and handles EMI like a champ.

It has a array of options to chose from like detecting frequencies, tone breaks, audio tones, reactivity, discrimination, audio frequency etc.. To top it all off it's super easy to understand and navigate. Saving a program is a piece of cake. What I like best is how its open gated audio response unmask good targets.

From what I've been reading and hearing I'm so happy that I decided on the Multi-Kruzer rather than the Nox.

beephead

I ran the Nox 800 for about 50 hours or so along side the Multi Kruzer and decided to keep the Kruzer and sell the Nox. I crossed checked targets and never found anything with the Nox 800 the Kruzer couldn't see and with better VDI on the Kruzer. The Kruzer selection of coils and it's build quality way out shined the NOX also. I feel the Makro Multi Kruzer at a 759 price tag is a much better deal than the Nox 800 at 899. The only advantage I can see with the Nox is maybe a beach situation but then only a slight advantage. Makro hit it out of the park with this detector.

I own both, big problem i am having is the Kruzer is giving good signals on big iron. I can understand at 5 , but not at 14 and 19. I don't have that problem with the nox unless i switch to 5 and run as a single freq. Also i cannot really compare totally until i get a small nox coil.

But over all i agree the kruzer is a decent detector. Been doing a lot of head to head on wild targets.

It will give high tone on axe heads and other large iron sometimes but it’s pretty apparent when you pinpoint that it wont be a coin sized object.

I get falses on much smaller than axe heads, it is one thing that drove me crazy with the racer models too. I never have dug any iron with my impact. I know they are sister companies but i can assure you the kruzer and impact are not identical in many ways. I do like the kruzers 4 tone the sound gives good information. It will stay in my arsenal for sure.

My friend bought a Kruzer and run it over my test garden, i didn't swing it as i didn't want to influence him, he thought it was fine though on most coin targets at normal depth.
It wasn't as sharp on tiny targets at depth like the Nox, and one particular hard target it couldn't get was a small hammered coin on edge at about 4", the Nox smacks it hard in field 2, and hammered coins is what we crave. He said he was going to return it. His every day machine is a Deus.

I keep reading and hearing that the Nox has no audio modulation and that the depth gauge is nearly worthless since it's so far off. How do you tell the depth of a target if you're out looking for older deep coins? Also the target ID on nickels is the same as it is on pull tabs and the other coin target ID numbers are all over the place. Wouldn't the Deeptech Gold Gain or Smart Plus be a better choice for hammered coins?

I have an array of top notch detectors like the Deus, CTX 3030, F75-DST2, MXT Pro, Omega V5, Tesoro and Deeptech Smart Plus so I have something to compare the Makro Multi-Kruzer to. I'm telling you straight out that I'm really super impressed with the Kruzer's performance. Can it out preform my other detectors at certain things? No, but overall it's a well rounded detector that's fun to use.

BTW, I don't like the stock search coil on the Kruzer it's too nose heavy and too big for the type detecting that I like to do. It's the 7 inch concentric search coil that makes the Kruzer a beast for me. I can't wait to give the CORS 9.5 x 5.5 inch DD search coil a try.

I just don't think that I'd be happy with a Nox from what I've been reading and hearing. I'm sure that it's going to work out just fine for some, but it's doesn't sound like it's my cup of tea. "Making All Other VLF Detectors Obsolete" was just marketing ploy that some people took hook, line and sinker. Just ask anyone who has used both the Deus and Nox which one that they prefer best for detecting on land. I bet most are going to say the Deus.

beephead

Just ask anyone who has used both the Deus and Nox which one that they prefer best for detecting on land. I bet most are going to say the Deus.

beephead

Not so fast...I own both, the NOX pulled this tiny lead out with the nail in same hole about 6" down.

Nox has also alerted on targets my Deus cant.

Attachments

• IMAG1013[1].jpg
    IMAG1013[1].jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,020
Nox also alerted on this brass in heavy, big heavy iron....the Deus...nuttin.

Attachments

• IMAG0991[1].jpg
    IMAG0991[1].jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,006
Not so fast...I own both, the NOX pulled this tiny lead out with the nail in same hole about 6" down.

Nox has also alerted on targets my Deus cant.

That's great! The Nox seems to be working better for you in your type soil, so are you going to be selling your Deus?

beephead

That's great! The Nox seems to be working better for you in your type soil, so are you going to be selling your Deus?

beephead

Not selling Deus, its been very good to me, the NOX I've not used it that much because I mainly hunt farm fields and cant right now.

The Nox has impressed me thus far though.

HH

Calabash Digger was all pumped up about the Nox when he first got it and made a lot of videos claiming it was the best thing since sliced bread. Then once his hunting buddy, who still uses the Deus, started out doing him in good finds, he put the Nox away and went back to using the Deus. Time will tell.

beephead

Calabash Digger was all pumped up about the Nox when he first got it and made a lot of videos claiming it was the best thing since sliced bread. Then once his hunting buddy, who still uses the Deus, started out doing him in good finds, he put the Nox away and went back to using the Deus. Time will tell.

beephead

I noticed that too, however...take a field you go that way, I'll go over here, different finds will be found, some not at all by one, the other will haul it in.

To be honest and respectful, videos Ive watched on Kruzer didnt do much for me with what Im using now. I see you have tried a lot of detectors and I respect your opinions...and finds!

HH

The Nox works well in my soil, the little hammered coins are low to mid conductors and it really likes them, i'd say it's hotter on them than the Deus LF coil.
I did like the Deus, but the full tones was no good in iron, and the pitch basically made it a 2 tone machine. I've been comparing live targets with my mates as they both use the Deus, and they have been surprised on some of the targets where they have had scratchy signals and the Nox was giving a full clean tone, more a clean cut dig/don't dig, especally the deep one's.
There is a lack of modulation, especially on larger items, but i have dug small deep targets that gave a much softer audio, so there is nuances in the audio.
The GB setup on the Nox is the best yet in my soil, the way it filters the ground in multi is a real benefit to myself.
In iron i find the audio in 50 tones very telling and suits my hearing, i can easier hear a good target in iron over just about any other i've tried, and when you tighten the coil over it, it really locks on.
I think it's a cracking machine for the money, and for sniffing out mid conductors, i probably would use something else if i was hunting high conductors.

I keep reading and hearing that the Nox has no audio modulation and that the depth gauge is nearly worthless since it's so far off. How do you tell the depth of a target if you're out looking for older deep coins? Also the target ID on nickels is the same as it is on pull tabs and the other coin target ID numbers are all over the place. Wouldn't the Deeptech Gold Gain or Smart Plus be a better choice for hammered coins?

I just don't think that I'd be happy with a Nox from what I've been reading and hearing. I'm sure that it's going to work out just fine for some, but it's doesn't sound like it's my cup of tea. "Making All Other VLF Detectors Obsolete" was just marketing ploy that some people took hook, line and sinker. Just ask anyone who has used both the Deus and Nox which one that they prefer best for detecting on land. I bet most are going to say the Deus.

beephead

I guess it all depends on your hunting style, soil type and what you're detecting for. I like using different detectors at same sites because what one doesn't find the others will. Believe me when I say that the Kruzer is a totally different detector with the 7 inch concentric search coil attached.

beephead

I had a CC on my Rutus, it's a super coil but my soil killed it for depth, maybe 4"-5" at best on small coins.
I'm eager to see what the replacement for the CTX is!

I guess it all depends on your hunting style, soil type and what you're detecting for. I like using different detectors at same sites because what one doesn't find the others will. Believe me when I say that the Kruzer is a totally different detector with the 7 inch concentric search coil attached.

beephead

In what way is the 7 inch concentric better than the stock coil? I use the Impact and have thought about adding a concentric coil.

I had a CC on my Rutus, it's a super coil but my soil killed it for depth, maybe 4"-5" at best on small coins.
I'm eager to see what the replacement for the CTX is!

Here in my mild soil I'm getting 7 to 8 inches on a dime using the 7 inch concentric search coil.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom