Tesoro Cortes or Tesoro Cibola?

Rammjäger

Elite Member
I own a Tesoro Cibola (Laser Trident 1) but now I am interested
in a Tesoro Cortes. Is that an upgrade?
I like the Cortes visual ID target display and the multi-tone feature.
From searching depht I guess both are similar .
Any thoughts or tips about this I would very much appreciate .Thanks!
Ramm

Cortes

Hey Ram I own a Deleon now and I love it! I bought a used Cortes and am now waiting for it! It should be here next week. The Cortes is the top of the line Tesoro,(cost wise anyway) And I am hoping it replaces my Deleon as my Favorite MD. Many people don't like the small display and find it hard to read? The Deleon Screen display size is much bigger! I will let you know how mine does and my feelings about it once I use it for a week or so. I have Been spending some time researching Tesoro MDs, and it seems everyone states the Tejon is the Deepest MD tesoro makes? I'm buying the new Outlaw shortly after it comes out, because staying in the Umax side all my Coils will interchange. I have wanted a Vaquera or a Lobo Supertrack from the beginning! But learning what the tone or tones is saying is my weak point! I have a link to a Bar Magnifier site if any Cortes users want to check them out
http://www.magnifier.com/bar_magnifiers.htm
These look like the ticket to me! Take Care Ram,,,,GL & HH.......Pat

Hey Ram I own a Deleon now and I love it! I bought a used Cortes and am now waiting for it! It should be here next week. The Cortes is the top of the line Tesoro,(cost wise anyway) And I am hoping it replaces my Deleon as my Favorite MD. Many people don't like the small display and find it hard to read? The Deleon Screen display size is much bigger! I will let you know how mine does and my feelings about it once I use it for a week or so. I have Been spending some time researching Tesoro MDs, and it seems everyone states the Tejon is the Deepest MD tesoro makes? I'm buying the new Outlaw shortly after it comes out, because staying in the Umax side all my Coils will interchange. I have wanted a Vaquera or a Lobo Supertrack from the beginning! But learning what the tone or tones is saying is my weak point! I have a link to a Bar Magnifier site if any Cortes users want to check them out

Hi Pat,
thank you for your quick reply and your friendly comment. I will be waiting
for your review about the Cortes. I have been watching an offer just now.
Not that I don't like Tesoro Cibola's sensitivity,but that single tone feature
and no depht reading drives me always back into using my ACE250 :roll:
The manual ground balance is an extra feature to take in account !
The only thing that makes me wonder now is about the KHz difference .
Cibola's higher KHz should be better for finding small gold, for instance?
So many questions,so many details....to take in consideration!
Thanks for your link ,I will look at it now and continue researching before
I take a decision.
HH
Miguel

So your gonna tape that to your Cortes screen?....I gotta see this Pat...:lol:
...Man, your on a spending spree....:yes:...

The Cortes ground balance only works in All Metal mode, so during regular swinging you will be dealing with more mineralization problems, same with the Deleon. Tesoro does not currently produce a multi-tone detector with manual ground balance.

I wanted a Cortes badly, but the lack of adjustable ground balance in regular search mode is a problem.

The Cortes ground balance only works in All Metal mode, so during regular swinging you will be dealing with more mineralization problems, same with the Deleon. Tesoro does not currently produce a multi-tone detector with manual ground balance.

I wanted a Cortes badly, but the lack of adjustable ground balance in regular search mode is a problem.
The tones only work in the SUM mode.

I've had both,I would stick to the Cibola. I've had a few Teseros,and the Cortes is the only one I did not like. In my ground,the Cibola is deeper. The Cortes screen sucks,And its I'd is about as accurate as an f-2. I traded my Cortes about a decade ago for a Sovereign,best trade I've ever made.

I've had both,I would stick to the Cibola. I've had a few Teseros,and the Cortes is the only one I did not like. In my ground,the Cibola is deeper. The Cortes screen sucks,And its I'd is about as accurate as an f-2. I traded my Cortes about a decade ago for a Sovereign,best trade I've ever made.
Thank you for this comment !
HH
Ramm

When I was doing research on which Tesoro to get, the Cortes seemed like the only Tesoro to stay away from. I have used a Vaquero and Bandido 2, now own Golden and Compadre.

If I were you, between the Cortes and the Cibola, I would get the Cibola any day of the week. However, it depends what you want it for. If you're hunting deep silvers, get a Cibola and add a manual GB, anything else I would get a uMax model.

When I sold my DFX because of weight I thought about a Cortez ,but went with the Delion and absolutely love it. I have found as much stuff with it as my DFX and can swing it alot longer! HH

cortes

I think you will like the cortes better than the deleon it has a notch,multi tons in sum mode ,bar garph,and number readout at least the cortes does ground balance in am mode where the deleon does not.If your eyes are good then you can read the readout good.Also it has a lifetime warranty it you purchase new.If it is set up right and the minerals are low to med it will hunt you can find coins up to 10 inches

Tesoro needs to retire the Cortes, or make its price tag more in tune with 2018. I’ve had two over the years, and it’s a fun machine, but not great at anything in particular. No GB in disc, seriously? I’ve said in lots of posts that it’s a $400 detector, but these days, it’s more like a $250 machine.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big Tesoro fan, but the Cortes just doesn’t make sense at its price point. Get a Vaquero for a lot less and you will be way further ahead.

This ancient thread was started in 2012!!!:shock:

But look who brought it back to life, a member from 2012.

You're from 2010, I'm from 2011.....

iu

Back
Top Bottom