Rahter be lucky than good......

flyin-lowe

Elite Member
I haven't gotten to swing my detector this year hardly at all. Last week a friend and I both took our daughters on a trip to Santa Monica CA. We were sitting at the beach all day and I saw a couple guys out swinging. I was talking to my buddy about detecting and didn't think much more about it. As we were leaving the beach to walk back to the house we had rented I spotted what I thought was an old beat up salt corroded penny. I stuck it in my pocket and went about my way. The next day I put those shorts back on and felt the coin (which I had forgot about). I pulled it out to take a look. I was shocked to find it was a 1710 Swedish 2 Mark coin. I about fell over. My oldest coin by over 100 years and it was just laying in the sand near the sidewalk. It has a small hole in it, not sure if someone was wearing it or if the hole is old. Either way it is not in the worst shape given the age..... I have the pics on my phone, Ill post them soon..... in the mean time for those who haven't see one it is like this.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces64161.html

Hopefully this pic works.....

Attachments

• IMG_2086.jpg
    IMG_2086.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 129
Back
Top Bottom