Mexico Beach Florida Gold

Jim Bob

Elite Member
Loaded up the motor home on Thursday and had the daughter and her two boys tagging along behind with their little pull behind camper. We got to Mexico Beach and set up camp but I didn't get to hunt until late that day and hit the dry sand. I set a record for tent pegs at 16 and I may have walked over a few. On Friday I hit the water early and kept thinking I should be rewarded for cleaning up all those tent pegs and saving a lot of hurt feet when I found this 10k wedding band in my scoop.:yes: My day was made, I didn't care if I found another thing. I had fought the waves and the current and came up with gold. Again I say hats off to all you pirates that hunt "IN" the water. It is a whole nother world than wet sand hunting.:lol: I did one night hunt in the dry sand and found some clad and lots of pull tabs and a cell phone. Thanks for looking and good luck, Jim

Attachments

• #1-16-Tent Pegs.jpg
    #1-16-Tent Pegs.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,390
  • #2-total.jpg
    #2-total.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,340
  • #3-10k.jpg
    #3-10k.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,238
  • #4-night hunt.jpg
    #4-night hunt.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,244
  • #5-beach.jpg
    #5-beach.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,364
Very nice ring there. Congrats, and man can you find the tent pegs! You are just a regular magnet for them. LOL Enjoy the rest of your vacation and good luck on future hunts. : )

Nice gold Jim... its funny reading your post about water hunting... I feel its easier to hunt in the saltwater than in a lake because the lake bottoms that I have hunted were like trying to dig through concrete ;)

Very nice finds! I think we need to have a contest on the FMDF - The Great Tent Peg Detect Off and see who can get the most tent pegs in one week!

Wait a minute, I can't seem to even get one of those so sought after tent pegs...Even at the campgrounds I have been at - DANG MINNESOTANS!

MS

It's All Good!

Some treasures and you also helped clean up the beach. I'd hate to step on one of those tent pegs! Nice ring!!!! Congrats.

I did the smart thing

Nice finds .... check the memory card in the phone.... HH RickO

I did the smart thing, I left it with the 18 year old girl at the office in the campground, she told me more about the phone in 2 minutes than I could figure on my own in a day.
Funny thing is My wife dropped her phone on the beach the night before and I went back and found it in the morning but it was toast, rain got it so today we had to buy two new phones and learn them all over again. Mine even has a camera.:lol::lol:

Nice gold and beautiful sunset(?) beach.
Yes, it is a reward for your cleaning the beach. :waytogo:

Back
Top Bottom