First Patriot silver.

dgerst

Spent about 30 minutes at a sidewalk strip with my new Teknetics Patriot (Thanks ChrisMD!). Cranked the disc up to 63 or so and notched in nickels. Threshold -2. I was able to run the sensitivity up to 82 and it was plenty quiet. Pretty nice for cherry picking. Plus a bonus silver ring!
30707752_10156287508064253_1572301400086413312_o.jpg

I’d say that’s an awesome first hunt. First detector I sold that I had second guesses on while boxing it up. If it wasn’t for adding a Mojave, F75+, and Equinox 800 to the stable this year I would have kept it. I bought it knowing I was going to buy the F75+, but curiosity got the best of me when I read what Dave Johnson said about how they added some things to the F70 that the F75 didn’t have.

Excellent! That Patriot/F70 platform is one tight picker! If my F70 ever takes a dump, I'll be popping fast for another one or the Patriot!...That Monster Dave J built just flat slings off money! I love running DP tones...

Silver and gold are just two of the metals this thing is so very good at finding.
I found tiny silver fairly deep on my first hunt with my F70, a big gold 14k ring four days later and I didn't have a handle on or a clue about using this thing at the time.
Since then I have learned to use it much better and the silver, gold and everything else have not stopped coming.

CongratZ!

Yup GS it's marked "sterling". I was a bit worried at first what with all the talk about F70's being so chatty. Nothing that can't be tuned out though. Yeah, if you run it at 90 sens, +5 threshold, and 2 disc you're gonna get an earful. But back things off and it's as quiet (and as deep) as most any other machine. And man, that recovery speed. Those coins were in some seriously thick trash but there was no mistaking their presence. I don't think you can find more detector for the money.

back things off and it's as quiet (and as deep) as most any other machine. And man, that recovery speed. Those coins were in some seriously thick trash but there was no mistaking their presence. I don't think you can find more detector for the money.

Testify Brother! Thats the assessment with the guys that have run the F70/Patriot...Its about more out of the box rig than most can handle on account of its Frankenstein power! A guy has to back it way off to appreciate what it can deliver! Runs forever on a 4 set of cheapo dubble A's...Hell, once D27 only had THREE of them and was STILL finding stuff!

I tell you, nothing I've seen is as fast and simple and accurate as this platform for pulling the G's out of the trash! quickbrooming sportsfields or beaches? Old silver? Proportional audio?...A guy cannot physically keep up with this rig!! Overlooked and under appreciated for the sheer quick volume of finds a guy can get...Yeah! I know my limitations, so I rarely run it over a 52 sens with a -3 thresh...Hopping 11"dd coil and working this beauty all over the Country... nearly more than I can handle...

D27 has written quite a bit about this rig...We were all trying to figure it out..the rig simply performs heavy...

Attachments

• field of dreams.jpg
    field of dreams.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 126
  • F70-1.jpg
    F70-1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 114
  • nov 12-17.jpg
    nov 12-17.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 117
Back
Top Bottom