• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Seattle area help

slomoshun

I’m an older eastside guy who has returned to detecting after ‘many' years away from it, and am trying to cope with all the laws and restrictions these days. The club scene is of no interest, so I’d like to find a fellow digger who can help me navigate through the maze. Nothing spoils a day faster than angry citizens or the police. :grin:

Have you stopped in at Black Jacks? Here's their rules page for the local parks.

http://www.blackjacksmetaldetectors.com/wa-detecting-rules

I'll even go one step further than this (heck, you "can't be too safe" after all): At any other city, county, beach or forest location: Just show up with a shovel in hand. And say "Hi, can I dig holes here, take and remove objects, for my own profit and pleasure?" Be sure to mention words like : 'Indian bones' and 'cultural heritage', and 'treasure', etc... Lest they not get the right mental perception. And lest you be "mincing words".

Then put a contract in front of them to sign, that allows you "search and salvage".

The "yes's" will be sure to roll in. And if you get a "no", then we can add those to the nifty compendium lists that circulate. So that more newcomers to the hobby get dizzy thinking there is a horrible maze of laws and rules to navigate.

For me: I detect any and every park, beach, or forest I come to. Unless a) it's an obvious historic sensitive monument, or b) there's a sign saying "no". But I'm sure if I asked enough pencil pushers and bored archaeologists, and kept rattling up the daisy chain, I could find some "no's". Shame on me :wow:

Nothing spoils a day faster than angry citizens or the police. :grin:

Agreed there! In our Sport, it seems the curbstrippers receive the most attention from both of your nuisance mentions...

Some folks seem to go out looking for angry crazy people to interface with, and also enjoy confrontations with the Man, some like asking park permission from pencil necks for a good solid NO and enjoy wallowing in the misery of finds unfound...Hey, everybody needs a hobby, and the posts about the LEO tossoffs, Crazies, and Big solid No's are sure entertaining at least!

And then theres guys like Tom..who have mastered the art of navigating Life free and unchained, invisible...They hunt at will, go where they please, finding gold coins out the wazoo! ...."So peaceful So serene" should be your focus, finding metallic objects in 'unhuntable' areas is your recompense and tangible measure of skill...thats the trophy..getting that skill developed....

Success in Life is all about Timing and avoidance of trouble, being unnoticed, appearing entirely harmless or extremely harmful, whatever the specific situation dictates....Not everybody is able to do this, but it sure opens up a lot of World to those that are!!...

Urban Metal Detecting is the Perfect sport to develop and hone these valuable skills that translate over into other important Daily actions to experience a troublefree Life Well Lived....Therein lies the real treasure! You gonna talk or you gonna fish? :laughing:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom