metaladdict

Elite Member
First ever Buffalo nickel from change!
Silver from coinstar.

Attachments

• 20180417_070337.jpg
    20180417_070337.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 389
Keep your eyes out towards the end of summer for old coins circulating in change.

That's all i'm going to say about that :cool:

Score! Interestingly, just This week, our little local Coinclub is engaged in an "old coin" community re-seeding program.....The idea is, to get a new generation of people interested in numismatics by spending and/or setting old coins/tokens into the Community.....like dropping some wheaties/indians in the 'take a penny' tray, spending buffs and V's and JFK's over the counter to get recycled in the till...things like this..to foist a numismatic awareness on an ignorant Public....

I've done my part...I just went and gassed up the tank, bought some smokes, some beer, and paid the kid behind the counter with some Chucky Cheese tokens! Told him they were the new 'Hillary Clinton $5 Dollar Presidential' coins! Showed him this great big Medal for proof! Kept a straight face and Said, "See the likeness?"....:laughing:

Attachments

• rat king.jpg
    rat king.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 307
Last fall my oldest came home from Walgreens with 4 of them that he gave me. He was working the register that day and saw them. I've yet to dig one out of the dirt. Keep telling him to keep his eyes open for silver but so far no luck or he's just not paying attention. Need to remind him again.

Back
Top Bottom