Any help for a Syracuse, NY newbie??

LostTreasureJim

One of the forums I frequent had a new shooter from Syracuse, NY asking about clubs in his area. I figured no problem, and started looking through my spreadsheet of inquiries and bookings for our June "Lost Treasure Weekend" at Blackthorne Resort.

We've had responses from individuals and clubs from all over the northeast, as well as Kentucky, Georgia, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, and all over, so at 2 1/2 hours away, a city as large as Syracuse, (~140,000) there's gotta be at least a couple, right??

WOW!! None--and looking through my resources on line, I am finding none!!

If anyone has any web sites or contact info of any kind, please either post it here or shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]. I'd really like to help this guy get a start with some experienced folks. I know I personally learn much more, and much faster by being shown, rather than reading "how-to" books!

Thanks everyone,

Jim

Not surprised that there isn't any clubs Jim, I live about 2 hours north of Syracuse and only know 2 other people that detect up here and they don't go very often. I would guess that detecting is bigger in more of the middle of the state, Albany/Catskills/etc. I have been at this hobby about 25 years and still get that - "Hey what are ya doing, whats that thing". Oh well more goodies for me to find ;). Steve.

Any updates for 2013

I just started metal detecting and was wondering if there are any clubs in central ny.

Syracuse Metal Detectives

Hey, just found this site via GOOGLE & I wanted to let you folks know that I'm starting up a Facebook Page To try & get some local Syracuse Metal Detectors together. Try & do a search in Facebook for "Syracuse Metal Detectives" tonight & jump on board, if you're nearby the Syracuse, NY area!:D

I'm a a few hours north but I go downstate a lot. Ill be in Syracuse the 2nd and 3rd. Can you see grass down there yet?

Syracuse detecting

I am in Syracuse, NY, and there are at least 12 guys who detect from around this area...Give me a PM.
I also cannot find your Group on Facebook???

Happy Hunting,

Back
Top Bottom