Frustrations with the Garrett 250

Look at my stats in my signature...Ace250.....and most bigger gold rings will show up as a nickel. Some smaller womens' rings might show pull-tab or foil!

When in pinpoint mode....start away from where you think the target is...if you try to pinpoint right on top of it...itwill throw you off a bit.

And, do an "X" when pinpointing....do the pinpoint mode in one direction and find the sweet spot...then start the other part of the "X" and see where the sweet spot is..you'd be surprised that sometimes they aern't the same spot.

Now, the ProPointer BLOWS away the cen-tek. I started with the cen-tek and thought it was worth the money until I broke down and got the Propointer. I WILL NOT HUNT WITHOUT IT!

And last, you can find a Propointer on here for a little over $100.

It's quite simple:
do what the other members /ACE users said.
Do always the " X " pattern over the target in all metal mode
Some of the hard to ID targets for every detector ( bottle caps) are
IDed in my ACE 250 as a "good target /high tone" in one direction,
but as "iron target" in the other direction .Those signals I wouldn't dig ;)

90% of the time I just push the pp button with the coil out away from the target , bring it in over the target , go side to side once or twice then straight forward ( this helps get an idea of the size of the target as well, if it seems too big then dont dig , move on ) , bring the coil back to you ( with the pp button still pressed ) , the indicator on the screen should be full , as you bring it back toward you the point where the dots on the indicator start to drop off....the target should be right under the front edge of the inner coil. Very large , or very shallow , or even multiple targets close together can mess the process up but most of the time this works very well.

Back
Top Bottom