California slated to get raked by swells

Tom_in_CA

Elite Member
Thanks for the info Tom. I’ll be looking forward to some good wave action.

Taking the week off work!

If you want to trade reconn. results, we can stay in text message exchange. I'll tell you what I see on the southern part of the bay. And you tell me what you see @ your north end. Just have to have RELIABLE text /ph. or email . So that the communication don't end up going only one way. (As unfortunately happened with someone's contact info in the past. And they ended up not getting word, and I was the "bad guy" because of that :( )

This is coming in at 280 to 285*-ish. A bit too northerly to fully impact S. Cruz. But on the other hand, S. cruz needs less to erode (than the NW facing beaches). So ... hard to say where the best beaches will be.

Last edited:
Yes, I've been eyeing this for a few days now and took next Wednesday off in anticipation of some sand movement somewhere. I'm hoping to have the mods done on my Excal by then and should be ready for anything.

Yes, I've been eyeing this for a few days now and took next Wednesday off in anticipation of some sand movement somewhere. I'm hoping to have the mods done on my Excal by then and should be ready for anything.

If you start posting show & tell gold rings at the end of this, I'm going to be sick. Sick sick sick.

Well, the Tuesday bump got downgraded to mediocre. But the Thurs & Friday swell could be worthwhile still.

I duno Compass. Juliet got hit pretty hard today...

Any impact from this swell wouldn't be realized till later today. The swell is only JUST NOW (7am) starting to show up on the buoy reports as rising. And high tide isn't till later this morning. And low tide not till this afternoon. Haven't looked to see the timing for arrival at So. CA beaches (I assume it lags by a few hours, since this is coming from north-to-south).

So ... I won't even be scouting till later today, when I can escape work.

Safety is for wussies ! I'm gonna be tempting fate, down at the foot of the waves. :laughing:

Call me a wussies, ..:scared:...I hate ruff water..

Attachments

• OBN0013.jpg
    OBN0013.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 189
Saw some vids this am!...even the surfers dont dare go out in that mess!..said very strong RIP! Rip rip Horray! This should be one awesome weekend for you boys!

I tried several northern monterey bay beaches @ yesterday's low tide. Found no erosion spots. Several others also came away with meager results. One fellow got a gold ring. But .... in-so-far as pockets of targets .......... it wasn't happening yesterday.

Maybe I shoulda tried the southern Monterey bay beaches ? :laughing:

Any word on what's going on in Southern CA ? (although I'll probably be sick for asking :p )

Hey Tom & George,
Wednesday the 17th I did a recon at 3 beaches in the South Bay and came home with a sad sack. Big waves, no wind, little downhill current. Today (Friday the 19th) went down to take a look and what do you know?...Big waves, no wind, little downhill current....the beach is eroding back for sure, but where is it eroding down?....might try later today when the tide drops a bit, or tomorrow with the help of some wind before the swell backs off.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom