Married life...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and

Attachments

• photostudio_1518444530990.jpg
    photostudio_1518444530990.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 430
My wife doesn't give two hoots about my hobby or has any clue what I own :laughing: But I know how many stupid pairs of shoes she owns :roll: Its like every week she comes in with a new pair... god forbid they get caught wearing the same pair to work twice...

:laughing::laughing: I told my wife I wanted a new machine with our tax return, she told me I had to sell the other 4 first :mad:. She just don't understand, keep trying to tell her MD's are like screwdrivers, you can never have enough of them and you need different ones for different jobs.

Wait a minute and THINK! The very best Husband a gal could wish for is one with the dedication and passion for Metal Detecting!

All the other worthless time and money wasting Male targeted pastimes a guy could fall victim to? Besides the obvious Golf addiction of course, the biggest 'ROI negative' Spousal/Familial impact interests a guy could get hisself in?

I submit, In order of detrimental magnitude, ....'Internet News Sites, WOW, Farmville, Duck hunting, Deer hunting, Pro bass fishing tournaments, Gambling, Woodchopping, Scratchoffs, Birding, Gardening, Numismatics, NASCAR, Pro or Collegiate Sports, Ant Killing, Snake hunting, Bug chasing, Mole trapping, Stamp Collecting, Astronomy, Astrology, Vaping, Bar-B-que grilling, Worm hunting, Garage Sailing,!...

I could go on and on! Boil it down, if a Girl is lucky enough to find a guy who is supremely addicted to just Metal Detecting as a hobby? Yeah! Thats solid and steadfast marriage material right there!! :laughing: 'course girls dont think, we all know this..they go for the worthless guy with a hot car and can dance like John Travolta....

Luckily, this Sport is a great Mans insulator and safety net to avoid meeting girls in the first place...pretty good track record anyway...,

The main problem with Girls and Wives in general? Sooner or later, a guy must ask himself...'If I wanted to piss away my money for a screeching lifetime companion on something that cant cook? Why didnt I just get myself a parrot?':laughing:

Last edited:
My wife doesn't give two hoots about my hobby or has any clue what I own :laughing: But I know how many stupid pairs of shoes she owns :roll: Its like every week she comes in with a new pair... god forbid they get caught wearing the same pair to work twice...

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Got me wondering if they ever invented a shoe that could change appearance rather than having to get a new pair for every look so I just now did a search, and they did, just tell your wife this is the only pair she needs till she wears them out :laughing::laughing::laughing:

https://onesoleshoe.com/

(fortunately my wife is content with just a couple pairs of shoes, one for dress and one for exercise and casual :lol:)

I'm lucky, my wife and I both love this hobby, but she somehow ended up with the pin pointer. I lost the it the first day I got it, had to order another one.

What is really great is a wife that shares the love of metal detecting. As you all know, I am new to this, but I have planted the metal detecting seed and have seen it take hold. There is a definite sprout beginning to grow. Yes, I am a bit devious, but how else to get "carte blanche" on purchasing necessary items to get my "fix". Like I said before, I got bit hard, high up on the brain stem.. :laughing::laughing:

I got divorced back in 1971, 47 years ago after returning from Vietnam. I'm glad that I never remarried and have any problems like that.

I'm lucky, my wife and I both love this hobby, but she somehow ended up with the pin pointer. I lost the it the first day I got it, had to order another one.

Get yourself a retractable janitors key ring and strap it to your belt, never lose it again. spent an hour looking for mine once.... never again.

Got me wondering if they ever invented a shoe that could change appearance rather than having to get a new pair for every look so I just now did a search, and they did, just tell your wife this is the only pair she needs till she wears them out :laughing::laughing::laughing:

(fortunately my wife is content with just a couple pairs of shoes, one for dress and one for exercise and casual :lol:)

You are a lucky guy... mine also has work out clothes for each class she goes to and that goes for her sneakers... :roll: The only time she even talks about my hobby is when I find gold and what the melt value is... like I am going to sell my gold :D I sell it when I want something.. I won't sell it for anything she wants :lol:

Make Some Out Of Coils:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Custom Made _ One Of A Kind :lol:

My Wife of nearly 54 years has absolutely no interest in detecting. But she has never complained about the time i spend detecting as she knows the pleasure i receive from detecting.

While i am out detecting she has her hobby to keep her busy. She makes Beautiful quilts.

Attachments

• 14886103_564410283755789_1780412004_n.jpg
    14886103_564410283755789_1780412004_n.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 290
You are a lucky guy... mine also has work out clothes for each class she goes to and that goes for her sneakers... :roll: The only time she even talks about my hobby is when I find gold and what the melt value is... like I am going to sell my gold :D I sell it when I want something.. I won't sell it for anything she wants :lol:

Craig, your comments about D prompted me to post what some
philosophers have said about wives. :laughing:
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2893174#post2893174

My Wife of nearly 54 years has absolutely no interest in detecting. But she has never complained about the time i spend detecting as she knows the pleasure i receive from detecting.

While i am out detecting she has her hobby to keep her busy. She makes Beautiful quilts.

,......wow,...that's impressive. she's talented.

:lol:

Hey, next time she asks about gold, tell her if she buys a detector you'll teach her how to look for her own gold :lol: (just be sure to smile :D when you say it :lol:)

Along the line of the old saying........

"Give a person some gold, satisfy them for a day, teach them how to find their own gold and you get to keep yours" :laughing:

Very nice work !!!! I noticed some blue ribbons ! :thumbsup:

They invented spray paint for leather and vinyl, comes in different colors

Attachments

• spray1.jpg
    spray1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 265
:lol:

Hey, next time she asks about gold, tell her if she buys a detector you'll teach her how to look for her own gold :lol: (just be sure to smile :D when you say it :lol:)

Along the line of the old saying........

"Give a person some gold, satisfy them for a day, teach them how to find their own gold and you get to keep yours" :laughing:

Then she would have to buy some detecting shoes. :lol:

They invented spray paint for leather and vinyl, comes in different colors

Hey, just buy your wife several different colors of the paint, wrap it up as a gift with a note, "this will save you a lot of time from shoe shopping" :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom