Almost silver spoon, and maybe gold salt spoon

Charlives

Elite Member
Visited a cellar hole today where I began learning that type of detecting. The house was on 1853 and 1934 maps. I am also learning my new Ace 350. Within 10 mins off came the DD coil and on went the sniper. I first dug a very large/deep/old iron piece that fooled me. Then 4 square nails that rang dime. Then I isolated these last two (pics) between iron trash. The large spoon is a British made Daniel & Arter, nickel silver (1880-1930).
Is the small thing the end of a salt spoon? My wife says it may be gold. There are two greenish, glassy looking gem type things in it. Thanks for looking and HH to all.

Attachments

• spoons front.jpg
    spoons front.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 299
  • spoons back.jpg
    spoons back.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 303
Cool finds and Congrats on the new 350! How did the sniper coil work? I've been noticing its a little hard to pinpoint with the dd coil.

Cool finds either way it turns out....Yeah those sniper coils are sounding like they do quite well......good luck on your hunts.

Cool finds and Congrats on the new 350! How did the sniper coil work? I've been noticing its a little hard to pinpoint with the dd coil.
Yeah...agreed...pinpointing was easier with my BH and it didn't have PP mode!
PP is not an issue with the sniper as it IS a pinpoint. Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom