First hunt after 3.0 update. 3 more silvers!!

detectorben

Elite Member
My first hunt after 3.0 update. I am definitely happy with the update. It did not effect the normal multi frequency mode much but the added 4khz frequency is a helpful tool. It will false on many trash and iron signals so you have to pick and choose when and how to use this frequency but it is going to open up some deeper areas that have been hunted out. I will edit images of finds into post shortly.

Check out the video for more info and live digs.
https://youtu.be/ikIKdXIGKu8

50ccfbc2e8dd699f84961e6f0742cb99.jpg
d10908e69bdb2a184acfd5fd977c6d4f.jpg
c985b31bfd394fba6d6a50a620e3d6a6.jpg
7933acb156b13bb7b71e2e33a135ce3a.jpg

.... It did not effect the normal multi frequency mode much but the added 4khz frequency is a helpful tool....

Not understanding this sentence. Because as I understand this update : If you're electing 4khz, then it's now OUT of multi-frequency mode. In other words, you didn't *add* the 4khz *to* the multi-frequency mode.

And as for the increased potential for nail-falses, yes that appears to be a common complaint with using the update.

Question for you : For those particular silvers: Do you think you could have gotten those BEFORE the update ? Or is there some reason to think that the update is the only reason you could get those ? I suppose the only way to be 100% certain of this answer, is to flag those signals before digging, and test with each machine, haha. But just based on the depth, boldness of signal, etc... were those "gimmees" ? Or somehow so fringe that you think it was *only* the update that allowed those to squeek through ?

Good video Ben, I like that you show the signals you are getting before you dig - very helpful to see and hear them

Not understanding this sentence. Because as I understand this update : If you're electing 4khz, then it's now OUT of multi-frequency mode. In other words, you didn't *add* the 4khz *to* the multi-frequency mode.

And as for the increased potential for nail-falses, yes that appears to be a common complaint with using the update.

Question for you : For those particular silvers: Do you think you could have gotten those BEFORE the update ? Or is there some reason to think that the update is the only reason you could get those ? I suppose the only way to be 100% certain of this answer, is to flag those signals before digging, and test with each machine, haha. But just based on the depth, boldness of signal, etc... were those "gimmees" ? Or somehow so fringe that you think it was *only* the update that allowed those to squeek through ?
In regards to your first question. I was referring to the update itself not effecting multi mode much. As in the "other stability improvements" Minelab mentioned. I did not see a real noticeable difference in stability in multi mode.

As far as these signals I would have dug them in multi only as well. Some did improve as far as tone and ID in 4khz. Unfortunately I was not able to locate a very deep signal on the fringe of multi mode depth capability during this hunt. But that is something I will be watching for to test as well. I will report my findings when I do. From what I have seen so far I am sure I will see a depth gain in 4khz and a more stable ID. I just need live dig confirmation lol. I did dig some very deep nails and a rusty bottle cap. Unfortunately they sounded pretty good in 4khz so there will be some increased trash digs in 4khz but that is to be expected on a low single frequency. Finding some of those super deep silvers left behind by others will make it all worth while in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good video Ben, I like that you show the signals you are getting before you dig - very helpful to see and hear them
Thanks a lot I really appreciate the feedback!
Nice finds. You do a real good job on your videos too.
Thanks a lot muddy I really appreciate that!
Congrats!! Can't wait to get my Nox 800
Thanks! I think you will be happy with it. It is a great machine! Good luck we will all be watching for your great finds!

The video is helpful, showing how the 4khz locks onto some otherwise iffy signals, but they are not necessarily the expected high tone type target. Will be trying this myself soon. I think you are right about not wanting to use 4khz in some areas(many areas).
Nice to get 3 silvers in a hunt, anytime!

Nice hunt and finds!
Thanks!! HH!
Very nice display of silvers and a quality video to go with it...congrats!
Thanks a lot I appreciate the view and feedback! HH!
The video is helpful, showing how the 4khz locks onto some otherwise iffy signals, but they are not necessarily the expected high tone type target. Will be trying this myself soon. I think you are right about not wanting to use 4khz in some areas(many areas).
Nice to get 3 silvers in a hunt, anytime!
Thanks for the feedback. I hope to do some more testing on really deep targets too. HH!

Back
Top Bottom