ok Another Question What Is Caches

Human nature of folks is to bury money .. hide it . Back in the day with run on the banks banks going broke , people lost all there money. men going off to war may have , and our government passing laws for folks to turn in ther e silver and gold for worthless paper money .
In 64 removing silver or anything of value other then copper from our currency .
Many also migrated from other countries and lived threw wars or had rulers that were tyrents and took the people's money. They have been tricked before so never again .... So they hide it! They have had there land taken away or were not aloud to own it . It's a nest egg . Even family may not be trusted. Silverware or tea sets and platters , gold rings and diomonds .
A jar of coins , a piggy bank in the flower bed hiding from your big sister, a little stash of some sort .
Hope this helps .

, Dew

Yea banks weren't trusted early on , many people stashed there savings in containers of different varieties and stashing them in the ground to come back to later on, and in some cases, noone ever went back to recover those items. They are found periodically on here, but more are being found and not being published I'm certain...HH!

There are a few older videos on youtube of people finding caches/ money purses.... but those don't exactly fit the definition of caches in the normal sense. They weren't intentionally put away, but instead lost.

On another note, caches can also be considered modern... like the kids that bury their "life savings" when they were like 7. To me those are interesting to find too, even though they are usually just pocket change and maybe a note with date.... its more of the cool factor.

I think caches can also be referred to as hoards.

Here's some pics I found online -
cachecoins.jpg cachecoins2.jpg

Don't forget the geo cache.....heck found a few by accident already...but mostly trinkets.

I have found only one cache . It was a broken mason jar full of pennies...but my luck not old 1960 era. It was not deep near a creek park.

Don't forget the geo cache.....heck found a few by accident already...but mostly trinkets.

I have found only one cache . It was a broken mason jar full of pennies...but my luck not old 1960 era. It was not deep near a creek park.

yes I Understand that Geo Cache Is A Correct Term
it Looks Like Mason Jars Were The Popularity Source For Hiding Treasures.

Possibly derived from the french word "cacher" which means "to hide". So in that light anything hidden is a "cache".

Back
Top Bottom