Sand scoop handles

SilverSlayer98

I just got a second scoop and have always used a wooden handle. They have broken on me in the past though. What is a cheap but strong alternative? I want a carbon fiber shaft but they're just too expensive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

A good fiberglass glass handle can be bought from a hardware store cheap. Make sure you put a wooden dowel in the bottom for strength , otherwise it will snap.

It depends on he diameter of handle that you need. My scoop takes a 1 3/8 inch handle and I purchased a 1 1/4 inch post hole digger handle. Had to shim it to make it fit but been using it for at least 4 years and it is still going strong and I do not baby it. It is a Seymour fiberglass post hole digger handle. I put a wooden dowel in the bottom of it to add strength. Yes it is a bit on the heavy side. I just noticed that the price has increased by about ten dollars. I bought it online and picked it up at a local hard ware store.

When I first got my stavr scoop I broke two handles fairly quickly, but if you change your technique a bit you won't break handles anymore. The trick is once you have it deeply dug in DO NOT just rip back on it, ease it back and lift. Haven't broken another wooden handle in 7 years...

There's a few guys on here that have been using fiberglass handles for years. Hopefully they'll chime in. BUT like KOB and George said you need to dowel it.

I just got a second scoop and have always used a wooden handle. They have broken on me in the past though. What is a cheap but strong alternative? I want a carbon fiber shaft but they're just too expensive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
if your budget for a handle for a dustpan is small ($ 1-30) you can choose a handle made of ash or fiberglass.
carbon pens start from a budget of $ 100, if you are offered carbon pens it’s cheaper to carefully study what you are offered for this money ... (for example, $ 50-60), usually in these cases the pipe thickness is insufficient or it's just just a pipe (prefabricated), visually similar ... but this is not a product that can be called a handle for a beach scoop.
!but for example, if you need to travel by plane or drig compact movement of equipment, then you have to consider CARBON FIBER TRAVEL HANDLE 32 mm 1 1/4 "

I buy a shovel with a fiberglass handle then cut the shovel part off. It already has a wooden dowel and the others end is capped making it float a bit. I’ve NEVER had to replace one. Tech is important too as mentioned.... as is the size.

Back
Top Bottom