* Gold under the rocks *

meggie

Elite Member
After five straight days hunting, today was pretty much the same with everywhere well sanded in with virtually no targets.
Found one rocky area up near the high tide mark.I got a nice target of 10,dug around and lifted a flat stone,saw a flash of gold and look what we have here! ... part of a gold chain,possibly a bracelet!
No hallmarks but tests easily for 9ct. 23.6 grams.

Scrap value around US$500 .. I'll take take that anyday!

Attachments

• 20200506_105557.jpg
    20200506_105557.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 894
  • 20200506_110249.jpg
    20200506_110249.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 831
Meggie, by the sounds of it, all you have to do in Australia is pick up any old rock and there will be gold lying beneath it ;)

It never ceases to amaze me how much gold you find. Congrats on another successful outing and a big chunk of gold!

After five straight days hunting, today was pretty much the same with everywhere well sanded in with virtually no targets.
Found one rocky area up near the high tide mark.I got a nice target of 10,dug around and lifted a flat stone,saw a flash of gold and look what we have here! ... part of a gold chain,possibly a bracelet!
No hallmarks but tests easily for 9ct. 23.6 grams.

Scrap value around US$500 .. I'll take take that anyday!

DANG. That's awesome! I keep hoping for a gold chain of that size. someday... someday!

Skippy

Time well paid for. I know the felling of doubting if I’m in the right spot and it has paid off !

:dingding: Those bracelets sure add to the totals quickly. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom