Porcelain Bottle Stopper

Shane724

Hey all! Recovered my 1st porcelain bottle stopper and wondering what date ranges they were used?
Also does anyone recognize the logo or writing?
Thanks for the help!

ea70b5f97097203695103772fb6dfced.jpg

f5037d9f9e0024102de099ffc1ed6f42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone with more knowledge can narrow it down but generally blobs were 1880-1910 or so I believe so my guess is somewhere in there.

This one looks foreign though so no idea - could be more modern

There still used today. Grolsch is the main one but a lot of micro brews use them too. I use them with my home brews. The metal bit on that one is in pretty good shape for something that's been in the ground. My guess is that one is newer.

There still used today. Grolsch is the main one but a lot of micro brews use them too. I use them with my home brews. The metal bit on that one is in pretty good shape for something that's been in the ground. My guess is that one is newer.

Got it thanks for the reply! Hopefully next one is vintage with writing I can make out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough to tell . They still use them today. Since it is imprinted I’d guess later than 1950.

Here's a Peter Hand slugplate beer (Chicago) circa 1900 with an imprinted stopper. But as Gaspipe said, many are just plain white porcelain. I have dug several that you could tell they were once imprinted but has worn mostly off. I know those modern Grolsh bottles are imprinted.

Attachments

• SS857996.jpg
    SS857996.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 323
  • SS857997.jpg
    SS857997.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
I have a bunch of blobs with original porcelain stoppers from the turn of the century

When a friend in my MD club gave me a collection of old bottles last year, there was also a bunch of old porcelain stoppers. One way we display them is to fill an old bottle. This one is 8" tall. Most all these stoppers have printing on them.

Jim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 336

Who is still using porcelain? My guess is "older, but dropped recently".

Back
Top Bottom