Cathedral peppersauce bottles - who has some?

yacorie

Elite Member
Would love to see them. Can’t get my photos to resize on my phone but will do it from the computer.

Always looking to add new ones - will buy or trade if any interest

I don't have one but do love them. They are real works of art.

For those unfamiliar, here's what one looks like:

Attachments

• cathedralpickle.jpg
    cathedralpickle.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 359
That’s a pickle jar - I only have one myself because they take up too much space haha. I hate this iPhone because I can’t resize my giant pictures to post but I will

Here are a few pontiled ones I have. The one far left is a rare embossed sauce

Attachments

• 86DDB4AD-F512-498B-A5C3-6BF85B5F4CBC.jpeg
    86DDB4AD-F512-498B-A5C3-6BF85B5F4CBC.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 342
That’s a pickle jar - I only have one myself because they take up too much space haha. I hate this iPhone because I can’t resize my giant pictures to post but I will

If you download the tapatalk app you can access just about any forum and it automatically resizes your pictures for upload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely love them. Only have dug two in all my days. A smooth based aqua cathedral and a pontiled aqua peppersause. Both have some sickness but I love them.

Absolutely love them. Only have dug two in all my days. A smooth based aqua cathedral and a pontiled aqua peppersause. Both have some sickness but I love them.

Let’s see some pics. I’ve never dig a full one

Yeah they're close, except Sauces have a smaller opening. I'll take either.

I saw a cool pickle display at a bottle show in CT in January - some of the pickles are about two feet tall and the opening could almost fit a grapefruit

Here is the peppersauce I dug years ago. I'll be damned if I can find the cathedral pickle; hopefully in my attic. Anyway I've also shared two other favorite dug bottles of mine. The amber beer is embossed "R Thorton's Sarsaparilla Beer". It almost looks like Stoddard glass to me; never have heard about or seen another one like it.
The last is an open pontiled ink in a great color.

Let me know if you guys want to see some other favorites from my digging days .IMG_1342.JPG

IMG_1343.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

Hell yes I’d like to see some additional pictures of your bottles.

I think the sarsparilla is Westford - not far from me instead of stoddard.

How tall is that peppersauce you have there? Looks on the shorter side.

You have more pics of those other two? Lips and pontils etc?

Where did you dig those?

Pepper sauce is maybe 8 or 9 inches tall. I’ll take your experience on the the beer. I’ve done all my digging in western Mass and eastern New York.

Pepper sauce is maybe 8 or 9 inches tall. I’ll take your experience on the the beer. I’ve done all my digging in western Mass and eastern New York.

Could be stoddard - I was thinking of another bottle from Westford and they are somewhat similar.

Do you still dig?

Very nice bottles all! The one I had was a spiraled teal. Found it 40 years ago and dropped it while bringing it home on my bike. Still heartbroken to this day.

Back
Top Bottom