Just need a little information on possible silver horde found.

Slatts

Here's the scoop.
I live in northern Wisconsin and was lucky enough to get permission to metal detect a piece of property that the former owner was known to bury their money.
Some of this is local folklore, however for what it's worth relatives of the former owner informed the new owner that there is an extreme high probability that there is still stuff buried there.
I have about 2 years on i and off experience with my equinox 800.
Just yesterday I was out on this particular property ,some of the ground is digable some of it is not because it's still frozen.
My question is this ,I have hit a certain spot that just totally blows the scale up to 39 and 40 I have hit some of these numbers before generally being Big iron rusted in some spots, with this said I can detect no other iron around this particular anomaly.
I'm just wondering if there's any other high concentration Of conductive metal that might hit this high on the scale continuously?
Yes when the ground thaws out I will definitely dig it up just curious is all.
I'm running the detector in park 2 recovery speed 3, FE2 -2. Ground balance is at a -7.
I just have never hit anything that's non-ferrous that continually keeps hitting that high.
Thank you any info would be much appreciated!

Here's the scoop.
I live in northern Wisconsin and was lucky enough to get permission to metal detect a piece of property that the former owner was known to bury their money.
Some of this is local folklore, however for what it's worth relatives of the former owner informed the new owner that there is an extreme high probability that there is still stuff buried there.
I have about 2 years on i and off experience with my equinox 800.
Just yesterday I was out on this particular property ,some of the ground is digable some of it is not because it's still frozen.
My question is this ,I have hit a certain spot that just totally blows the scale up to 39 and 40 I have hit some of these numbers before generally being Big iron rusted in some spots, with this said I can detect no other iron around this particular anomaly.
I'm just wondering if there's any other high concentration Of conductive metal that might hit this high on the scale continuously?
Yes when the ground thaws out I will definitely dig it up just curious is all.
I'm running the detector in park 2 recovery speed 3, FE2 -2. Ground balance is at a -7.
I just have never hit anything that's non-ferrous that continually keeps hitting that high.
Thank you any info would be much appreciated!

Could be a big piece of rebar or copper pipe.. then again ..could be a big old mason jar full of Pirates Booty :yes:

So, how bigs this horde? Think of it this way, if this silver was buried it would more than likely been berrued in jar(s) or a metal comtainer. Either way it probably wont respond audibly or visually like a coin.

PS I'm only 3-4 hours away and swing a mean shovel.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom