!!The Garrett Carot Review!!

I have had one since a few months after they came out. Its still going strong, never any problems. Nothing too fancy but it gets the job done well.

What do y’all think about the Grarett at pro pointer?? I just ordered one and was wondering what you think!:-)
Thanks!

I've tried multiple pin pointers... I think what happens if you use a pin pointer that detects along the shaft (rather than just the tip) is that you learn how to best use that. If you have one that just detects at the tip (like the Whites TRX), you learn how to best use that.

The result, is that you love the pinpointer you have, and making the switch would be very hard down the road! (Because you've already learned how to best use it!)

With the Pro Pointer, I've never had any "sensitivity" depth problems. If I can't detect the object, I just dig deeper, problem solved. The vertical pin pointer (getting over the object) is accomplished with the DD coil, so at that point it's just depth.

The value-add of the shaft-length pin-pointing on the Garrett, is that if you learn to NOT stab at things, you'll be more efficient. Wave the length of the pin pointer (like lay it flat on the ground and wipe), to initially detect (same with wiping the edge of a hole) once you isolate the object, tip the pin pointer rear away from the noise and use the tip to isolate further.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Pro-pointers variable tone and response speed (far superior than many other pin pointers). Basically, the beep response is so fast that if you move closer, the beeps get faster, and if you're on it, the thing locks "tone". If you find the object is too big, just tap the button and it'll reduce the sensitivity of the tip allowing you to further pin point with amazing accuracy. Just tap the button again to restore full sensitivity.

As with others, the pin pointer is easy to wash. I do recommend getting a tip protector for them, as the hard plastic does eventually wear away if you're using the tip to isolate objects with more than a stab method (for example dragging the tip across the surface to find the object will eventually wear a flat spot on the pin pointer.

Flat spots weaken the material allowing it to flex, and eventually false and/or break... PLUS... a pin pointer tip protector keeps your Pro Pointer AT looking fabulous.

And disclaimer: Yes, I sell the tip protectors (many hundreds of satisfied customers!). You'll find them on amazon for $8 for three, or you can PM me here for the same set for $7 for three.

Cheers,

Skippy

I have been happy with mine. Had one flood through the power button. Thankfully it was covered by warranty. My next one, will be the Minelab Pro-find 35 since I would like to try something new.

Skippy pretty much nails it. I've used the carrot and love being able to use the whole tip to find the objects. I am currently playing with the TRX. Deeper, yes. Tip only pinpointing does help when you've missed your target and it is in the side of the hole. There isn't enough about the TRX that would make me sell the carrot. Each has its uses but if I can only have one, I want the carrot.

Tip protectors are a must. Buy from Skippy or make you own but use one.

BCD

I have both the garrett and the TRX and I prefer the TRX. I need the extra sensitivity and tip only sensing. If you like the TRX sensitivity and the carrot side sensing then wait a bit and the new 1st Texas pointers which have side sensing and will go to about 4 inches on coin sized targets which is the goodie from both worlds.

I only wish on many PP that they use a more reliable on/off switch. I have bought a top line pp and already see a issue with the switch...other then that does the job..ps for beginners skip the dollar store pp and buy the best.

I switched to TRX as noted mainly works at tip to pin point even tighter. A PP is for helping cut down the target search the Garrett sometime's went beeping on all sides of the hole, but maybe did not know how to set it right. Have both one for spare.The TRX is adaptable with different battery styles very handy feature.

oj/bc

I have not had any issues with my Garrett Pro Pointer AT. Sometimes I have to adjust the sensitivity if in trashy areas, but not a big deal.

I have both the garrett and the TRX and I prefer the TRX. I need the extra sensitivity and tip only sensing. If you like the TRX sensitivity and the carrot side sensing then wait a bit and the new 1st Texas pointers which have side sensing and will go to about 4 inches on coin sized targets which is the goodie from both worlds.

4 inches heck that would be a pocket detector, will have to see how deep my TRX ? though 4 is pretty deep

The latest Tek-Point / F-Pulse prototype I tested was 3.75 on a nickel...and 3.5 on a quarter. It did like the nickel a bit better.

Beats my Garrett and Makro by a fair bit.

Makro was 2.25 on a nickel...and right at 2 on a quarter.

Garrett Carrot was 2.75 on a nickel...2.25 on a nickel.

Video of the prototype testing is on my YouTube channel...but I can't link here as I don't want to break any forum rules. People have snitched before...and I got sent to the office.

I love my Garrett carrot. I have mine set on vibrate so that when there's other people around they're not always coming over saying hey mister what did you find. And the bright orange color in case you drop it. I'm sure you will enjoy yours.

thanks guys! i got the Carrot today in the mail and i LOVE IT!!!!:laughing: Ima go to my river side in the morning to try it out... thx for the info!!:D

Back
Top Bottom