wireless headphones for at pro

Here is what you need to go wireless

1. You will need the $35 Garrett adapter for the headphones.
2. 1/4" to 1/8" stereo adapter (may come with headphones you get)
3. An 1/8" stereo in line volume control to adjust the volume if it is too loud and connect the transmitter to the detector. I got mine at Radio shack.
4. Headphones, don't go Bluetooth transmitter and receiver. No matter what people say there will be some lag, but most important all Bluetooth devices are USB rechargeable. When the battery charge goes down you will have to stop hunting. Sooner or later the batteries will not charge up and you can not replace them.

I recommend TDK TH-WR700 wireless headphones. They are currently available on Amazon. These use Kleer technology for fantastic sounding audio with no lag at all. I can hardly tell there is no cord. They run on AAA batteries (40hr) and you can quickly pop in 2 new or rechargeable batteries in the field. The Headset comes with a transmitter which also runs on AAA batteries.

If you cannot afford TDK TH-WR700's the rapoo H3070's are about $45, but they are sealed rechargeable battery (3-4hrs)units and sound good but not great. My rapoos are now my backup headset.

I used velcro to attach the volume control and transmitter to my detector.

Note: I use Tenergy NiMH rechargeable batteries in my cameras, metal detector, propointer, & headset. I haven't bought a alkaline battery in a long time.

Happy Hunting!

Was going to grab the Rapoo pair but dont expect it to work with the MX Sport that I hope turns into my primary machine.

Last edited:
4. Headphones, don't go Bluetooth transmitter and receiver. No matter what people say there will be some lag, but most important all Bluetooth devices are USB rechargeable. When the battery charge goes down you will have to stop hunting. Sooner or later the batteries will not charge up and you can not replace them.

Just for the record, I use Bluetooth 4.0 aptX protocol with an end to end latency of around 40 ms - in imperceptible amount of lag in the field. And the audio quality has been greatly improved in the new Bluetooth standards.

I agree with you regarding battery life issues, however. In my particular model, the battery "can't" be replaced, but I plan to solder in a new li-ion battery when the time comes.

I don't disagree with your recommendation, though - just wanted to clarify your comments regarding Bluetooth.

Just for the record, I use Bluetooth 4.0 aptX protocol with an end to end latency of around 40 ms - in imperceptible amount of lag in the field. And the audio quality has been greatly improved in the new Bluetooth standards.

I agree with you regarding battery life issues, however. In my particular model, the battery "can't" be replaced, but I plan to solder in a new li-ion battery when the time comes.

I don't disagree with your recommendation, though - just wanted to clarify your comments regarding Bluetooth.

Yea, some people say Bluetooth is OK now, but there is a ton of cheap junk for sale and everyone seems to want tot go cheap! I just cant see spending a lot of time and money experimenting on different Bluetooth devices like some have. Not everyone can pop open a Bluetooth device and solder a new battery in one. But anyone can replace 2 AAA batteries once every 40 hrs of hunting.
Glad your setup is working for you, how about a post on the model transmitter and receiver you use?

Was going to grab the Rapoo pair but dont expect it to work with the MX Sport that I hope turns into my primary machine.

You should be able to use rapoo's or TDK's on an MX-Sport with no problem, you wont need a volume control as the MX-Sport has one built in and the specs say a 1/4" adapter is included with it also. That will save you $35 compared to Garrett ATPro. This will not be waterproof however!

Accessories from the MX-Sport manual

Headphones
: Greatly increase the ability to hear the MX-Sport
in high noise environments, increase battery life, and provide for
increased privacy. Any stereo headphone between 8 and 150
ohms will work. A cable adapter is available so that the MX Sport
will accept any ¼-inch headphone. Optional waterproof Sport
headphones plug directly into the MX-Sport

WireFree for AT Pro

Hi you can check out our wirefree

1452732069.png

Available in serious detecting store.

With Garrett AP Pro/Gold ATX plug
Transfer original, no distortion audio signal
Only 0.06s delay
Splash-proof structure
1 touch button control
4~6 hours working time
Long spring cable
Easy to attach & secure
USB rechargeable
Light weight headphone
No interference with VLF or PI detectors
Do not effect detectors warranty

You should be able to use rapoo's or TDK's on an MX-Sport with no problem, you wont need a volume control as the MX-Sport has one built in and the specs say a 1/4" adapter is included with it also. That will save you $35 compared to Garrett ATPro. This will not be waterproof however!

Headphones

Thanks! I saw where headphones are included too but I want to see what shows up in the box befor I commit.

Yea, some people say Bluetooth is OK now, but there is a ton of cheap junk for sale and everyone seems to want tot go cheap! I just cant see spending a lot of time and money experimenting on different Bluetooth devices like some have. Not everyone can pop open a Bluetooth device and solder a new battery in one. But anyone can replace 2 AAA batteries once every 40 hrs of hunting.

Glad your setup is working for you, how about a post on the model transmitter and receiver you use?

This is the tranceiver that I use. It works really well, and I've never ran the battery down during a hunt. Supposedly, the battery life in transmitting mode last four hours. I really like this piece of equipment.

As you stated, it's not easy to replace the battery in it. I have no idea how long the li-ion battery will last.

It's $34 on Amazon, and needs to be paired with Bluetooth 4.0 headphones.

These are the Bluetooth earbuds I bought. I'm not a big fan of them, mostly because I just don't like earbuds. In the future, I will most likely upgrade to over/on the ear phones.

They work well, though, and cost $28.

$62 total.

This is the tranceiver that I use. It works really well, and I've never ran the battery down during a hunt. Supposedly, the battery life in transmitting mode last four hours. I really like this piece of equipment.

As you stated, it's not easy to replace the battery in it. I have no idea how long the li-ion battery will last.

It's $34 on Amazon, and needs to be paired with Bluetooth 4.0 headphones.

These are the Bluetooth earbuds I bought. I'm not a big fan of them, mostly because I just don't like earbuds. In the future, I will most likely upgrade to over/on the ear phones.

They work well, though, and cost $28.

$62 total.

Thanks for the info, looks like the transmitter/ receiver are interchangeable. Might try one if I want to go to earbuds.

Correction: I looked at the wrong numbers, Bluetooth aptX Low Latency has an end to end lag of 32 ms.

Headphones

Just scored a lightly used pair of TDKs for $50 on eBay :-)

I run the TDk's on my AT Pro & love it. No more wires, battery life is decent, no charging, & most important no lag what so ever.....

Back
Top Bottom