Great success!

Pennypacker

Permanent vacation
So today was my first "real" water hunt with the Excal and scoop. I dabbled the shoreline before, but this morning I purchased some waders.

I would have been happy just putting some coins in the scoop. I found a 1942 Dime on the shoreline with the Xterra last year, sure enough the most of the coinage in the area was oldish, 1940s-1960s. No silver today, but I'm sure there is more around. 31 coins total.

Already satisfied with my Georgian coppers, out pops a ring in the scoop. Just a junker, but it was icing on the cake.
Then I found 2 more!, another junker and what I thought was a silver ring.

When I got home and cleaned it I discovered it is a 10K Gold ring (White gold?) with an Opal and the tiniest Diamond I have ever seen. It may have had two diamonds at one point, but I can only see the one.
If you look close, it is just to the right of the Opal in the first picture.

I also found a few .22 cal munitions some complete, some shells and some just the bullet. The Excal and stealth scoop with the small holes in the bottom rear is capable of getting the small stuff.

Attachments

• Ring A.jpg
    Ring A.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,436
  • Ring B.jpg
    Ring B.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,426
  • Ring C.jpg
    Ring C.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 1,431
Thanks guys.

Most of my finds were in a streak about 20-40 feet from shore.
Just about all of them were sitting on clay, which was a bit of a challenge, but I guess I did alright.

Some of the clay I had to break up with my hand, sometimes if I was close to shore I would dump the scoop there to find the target quicker. (I dragged the clay back out after) The clay was like really hard play-doh.
I'm debating bring my floating sifter next time, sometimes I'm not sure if there is a target in the scoop and one still in the ground, it would give me a spot to dump until I am reasonably certain I have the target lifted.
Maybe I will just tough it out and continue with what I am doing.

Wow! Beauty of a ring. Congrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big congrats!!!

Sounds like you got it down pretty good...

What part of the country/world are you hunting? (your answer will be weighed on a tip I might give you..:laughing:)

<*)))>{

Way to go! That style ring likely only had one diamond by looking at it. FWIW I wouldn't give any clues to where you are hunting as to a specific spot. You'll have a crowd:lol:You learn how to water hunt better it sounds like you'll nail a lot of gold. I've never hit clay where I live. And I was born here:lol: Also the rhodium plating on white gold comes off. White gold can look like krap out of saltwater.

Nice ring😄. It was funny listening to your story, it similar to mine. First year xterra 705 find some silver, next year excal scoop and waders. Have fun this hobby is awesome. I used to have to stay out of cabellas because of my impulse buying, now i have to limit my time looking at detecting shopping websites. When you buy your wife an excal 2 for her birthday, knowing she will use it 3 times in the season, but you have a quality back up, u might have a problem😄😄😄

Way to go! That style ring likely only had one diamond by looking at it. FWIW I wouldn't give any clues to where you are hunting as to a specific spot. You'll have a crowd:lol:You learn how to water hunt better it sounds like you'll nail a lot of gold. I've never hit clay where I live. And I was born here:lol: Also the rhodium plating on white gold comes off. White gold can look like krap out of saltwater.

Duly noted!

Nice ring😄. It was funny listening to your story, it similar to mine. First year xterra 705 find some silver, next year excal scoop and waders. Have fun this hobby is awesome. I used to have to stay out of cabellas because of my impulse buying, now i have to limit my time looking at detecting shopping websites. When you buy your wife an excal 2 for her birthday, knowing she will use it 3 times in the season, but you have a quality back up, u might have a problem😄😄😄

Good idea buying the wife an Excal, now you should be able to get whatever you want! lol.

Thanks again.

So I headed back out there first thing this morning. Found some oldish coppers again, including a couple of wheaties. (17 coins)

The first picture is a little boy scout button. Kinda neat I guess.

The second picture is a decent sized earring, not sure what it is made out of and whether it is a real diamond or not. The black crust flakes off to reveal some shine and it does feel cold. lol

The good targets were a little more scarce today, but I did manage another 2 rings. One of them is possibly a junker, the other is a nice little (1/2") 10K ring.
It is dated 1949. I can't make out all the letters in the name, I will have to clean it better. (Picture 3 and 4)

In a future post I will put a picture up of the junkers for opinion. At least 2 of them ring up in the gold range on my Xterra, but are unmarked. I assumed they were junkers because they are the adjustable type of ring. The 3rd rings up a little higher, but looks decent. All of them have a kinda of rough texture.

Attachments

• scouts button.jpg
    scouts button.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,234
  • Earing.jpg
    Earing.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,232
  • New 1.jpg
    New 1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,218
  • New 2.jpg
    New 2.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,223
Love that last ring you found!! Cool dated like that! Good hunt! And Good Luck, Looks like a great location..

Looks like you got everything down right with those impressive finds. Congrats on the rings. Dated rings are always a great find. The only adjustable gold ring I ever found was a Girl Scout ring.

HH
Mike

Thank you sir.

I forgot to pack the floating sifter this morning, but I did have the rope with me. :laughing:

I was doing an image search for adjustable girl scout ring, when I stumbled across a ring similar to the opal one I found, except it has an olivine stone.

The listing is expired, so there is no information beyond "Vintage 10K Solid Yellow Gold Peridot Tiny Diamonds Ring"

Nonetheless interesting.

Attachments

• il_214x170.511437018_40q1.jpg
    il_214x170.511437018_40q1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,193
Back
Top Bottom