A Blast from the Past???

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I had a lot to do this morning to prep my truck for my landscaping season and thought I would be busy most of the day but a friend stopped by and helped me finish so I was able to hit the beach I pulled the gold ring and gold watch back from... I was hoping for the guts but it wasn't meant to be today... I find a couple silver quarters high on the slope and a couple musket balls low on the slope with everything else in between...

I think I found a cannon ball... its about the size of a baseball and quite heavy for its size it had a lot of junk on it that I chipped off with a small hammer and chisel... I was in the area where I pulled the canister shot last year and my friend Robert has pulled lots of musket balls and a cannon ball that he left at the beach years ago and thought someone else took it... I think I found his... where I was hunting and without giving away too many clues its an area with RW history.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,238
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,223
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,221
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,224
  • 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,213
Damn, can you imagine getting hit with that. Great hunt Craig and that is one heck of a good find. :yes:

Just goes to prove it pays of to dig those whisper targets. :lol:

Yup man thats totally Awsome!!!I love holding history in my hands and thinking who was the last person that touched this...Great hunt Craig

Yup man thats totally Awsome!!!I love holding history in my hands and thinking who was the last person that touched this...Great hunt Craig

I know the last person who touched it... I didn't know him then but its my friend Robert... 8 years ago he found a cannon ball where I was hunting but left it there and he thought someone took it but I think it rolled down the slope and up against the marsh where I recovered it... Robert has pulled dozens of musket balls and 3 ringers from this spot as well as very old gold... sucker was a blast in my headphones and I almost didn't dig it :lol:

That looks like a scubadetector find...Very cool and I would have a hard time chipping away on that.....What will you dig next...:scared:

thanx for posting. Good pix. And don't you LOVE the sight of the grey silver discs in your basket? It wouldn't be half as fun if they were candy-apple shiny, now would it? :laughing:

As for that particular type of square tab in your pix, I believe those pre-date the later 1960s "round" tabs. So whenever I'm in a dry sand zone where that type tab is within reach, I figure that silver coins (earlier '60s losses) must also be within depth reach.

And cool cannon ball !

Back
Top Bottom