• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Today's Hunt with a Conch Surprise!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I got up for before sunrise to detect for the 9am low tide. It was a 4 hour combo hunt; ½ wet sand, and ½ water. Nothing spectacular today other than the sunrise and $2.42 for the clad jar, but I did get 2 Euro coins - a 1 Euro and 20 cent one. I love getting these since I know I’ll be using them when I go to Spain again one day.

While detecting, I noticed a big and beautiful queen conch shell that was near the shore. I picked it up and noticed it had the man-made, tell-tale hole on the top of it that somebody had harvested the conch. I looked inside and saw nothing inside so I figured I would take the conch shell home and clean it up and make it a beautiful decoration. (BTW – queen conchs are protected and harvesting them is illegal down here!:nono:) As I leave, I stick it in the plastic grocery bag that I had a bottle of water inside, hanging at the shore, and take it home. About an hour later, after washing and dropping off all my detecting equipment in the back, I go outside to check out my findings. As I’m doing so, I hear some rustling in the plastic grocery bag that briefly startled me! I look in the bag and I see a claw coming through! :yikes: I couldn’t believe it!!! Well anyway, I got in my car and dropped it quickly off in the nearby bay! I don’t think I’ll be taking any more “empty” conchs home! (Sorry I didn't take a picture I was in a rush to get him back :no:)

Attachments

• 4-6-14.jpg
    4-6-14.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 4-6-14 cars.jpg
    4-6-14 cars.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 227
Good looking hunt Felix... those cars look like they have a bad case of the creeping crud :lol:

Back
Top Bottom