Todays Hunt With Craig & Bruce

fsa46

Forum Supporter
007.jpg

006.JPG

002.JPG

004.JPG

Didn't do as well in the H2o as the heavy hitters did in the wet rocks but a couple respectable finds in the mix.

The coin is a 1878 something, foreign I believe. A silver quarter, ( 1940 ), the lead airplane is a cool find and the ring is junk.

Still had a good time hunting with both :pirates:

Last edited:
Looks like you guys did alot of diggin,Cool plane and nice date on that coin.You guys really cleaned up on the grey matter.I woulda liked seeing Craig...Looking like a fool with his pants on the ground...:laughing:

looks

Like Bruce , and Craig, did just as well on Land, cool plane Frank, glad to see a great bunch of guy's come together for a day out hunting, hope you all had fun, Earl

Looks like you guys did alot of diggin,Cool plane and nice date on that coin.You guys really cleaned up on the grey matter.I woulda liked seeing Craig...Looking like a fool with his pants on the ground...:laughing:

That would have been ugly :laughing:

Frank... I was telling Bruce we need to bring a white bucket for the lead and brass finds we sure dug a lot today :yes:

It may be bronze as many coins from that era were.

The water was inviting today and finally coaxed me into trying out my new/rebuilt gauntlets!!

Right sleeve had two pin holes and that seems to be the only problem. They were nice and comfy in the 40 deg. water until I got deep enough to submerge the pin-holes!!

2 hours/17 targets, all deep, recovered including 3 clad quarters, 3 pennies and one tiny silver clamp on earring about 3/8" OD. (The rest junk!) Lotsa sand!

Mr.DF, Diablo and this Old Hunter enjoyed our outing!!!:yes:

GL&HH FRiends,

CJ

You guys did good, like the lead plane and the old coin. Be interesting to see what the old coin is.....:pirates:

It may be bronze as many coins from that era were.

The water was inviting today and finally coaxed me into trying out my new/rebuilt gauntlets!!

Right sleeve had two pin holes and that seems to be the only problem. They were nice and comfy in the 40 deg. water until I got deep enough to submerge the pin-holes!!

2 hours/17 targets, all deep, recovered including 3 clad quarters, 3 pennies and one tiny silver clamp on earring about 3/8" OD. (The rest junk!) Lotsa sand!

Mr.DF, Diablo and this Old Hunter enjoyed our outing!!!:yes:

GL&HH FRiends,

CJ

I went without gloves in the water today... :yes: It was 60 degree's today a little cold water on the hands was actually refreshing :D

I appears to be a 1878 King George I 10 Lepta , ( Greek )... I think.
Unbelievable, modern coins with as old as the hills coins...WTG FSA

Won't have to buy any sinkers for a long time Frank!!!

The has to be some sort of record!!:D

Nice looking hunt Frank. Congrats.....:yes: (You guys need to pool your lead finds. It adds up quick)

Congrats on the finds, Frank, especially the plane and 1870's coin...very cool! It was another fun day, and the weather's finally getting better...gold the next time out!

Not a King George 1

Maybe a King George 111, here is a king George 11 - 1747 1/2 cent, 1800s would be more like KG 111 Correction KG 111-died Jan 20th 1820 KG 1V-1762 died Jan 26,1830 KG V -June 3,1865--Jan 20 1936 so if it is a King George coin probably KING GEORGE V PS I am sure those Cellar hole CT guy's would be able to ID that coin, were is Heavy Metal Nut when you need him :lol:

Attachments

• 20110802_5.JPG
    20110802_5.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 435
  • 20110802_6.JPG
    20110802_6.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 431
  • 20110802_7.JPG
    20110802_7.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 437
Maybe a King George 111, here is a king George 11 - 1747 1/2 cent, 1800s would be more like KG 111 Correction KG 111-died Jan 20th 1820 KG 1V-1762 died Jan 26,1830 KG V -June 3,1865--Jan 20 1936 so if it is a King George coin probably KING GEORGE V PS I am sure those Cellar hole CT guy's would be able to ID that coin, were is Heavy Metal Nut when you need him :lol:

I think your pics are of American coinage, this is Greek. If you notice Earl, it says King George I

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/265923552968910331/

Back
Top Bottom