Sovereign GT Wireless ??

David Wesner

Good morning. New to the forums I just posted my intro in the general discussion folder. Now for my first question :?: :?: ;) I have decided I would like to get rid of the "umbilical cord" between my Sovereign GT and headphones, moving to some wireless headphones. Problem !! For some reason kellyco states that the trueblue wireless headphones they sell will not work with the GT. Not only that, they said that of the 3 different types they tried none would work on the GT. I called minelab and they were no help at all in the reasons why none would work with the GT nor would they suggest a model that would work. Has anyone else had this problem and if so were you able to sucessfully find a pair that would work with the GT. Thanks in advance for any help.

I understand the pain of being tied to a headphone cord, with the sovereign its real strength lies in the amount of info given through the tones and threshold, I am afraid that a wireless set of phones would lose a lot of the nuiances offered by the sovereign, thus making it less effictive , I think you should just bite the bullet and get some quality phones and deal with the cord.

Hello David,

I've used the Radio Shack wireless headphones on a GT. But, I have to agree with Deep Silver. The sound from $60.00 headphones is muted and muddy sounding.

I'm looking for a new set of headphones. Everyone rates the Killer B's really high. But I live in Arizona and would like to find something that allows me to hear things like snakes and don't make my ears sweat.

I'll sell you mine for $37.00 Shipped. if you want them. :-D

Hello David,

I've used the Radio Shack wireless headphones on a GT. But, I have to agree with Deep Silver. The sound from $60.00 headphones is muted and muddy sounding.

I'm looking for a new set of headphones. Everyone rates the Killer B's really high. But I live in Arizona and would like to find something that allows me to hear things like snakes and don't make my ears sweat.

I'll sell you mine for $37.00 Shipped. if you want them. :-D

You need to get some Rattler Headphones , grey ghost makes them and the are perfect for your situation, and right about 90.00 here's is a pic. and a link they are at the very bottom of the page
http://www.windycitydetectors.com/headphones.htm

Attachments

• gray-rattlermini.jpg
    gray-rattlermini.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 215
Back
Top Bottom