Metal Detecting Magazine

ZosoWolfpacker

Hello All.

I am a brand new poster to the forum. I am awaiting arrival of my first metal detector this week, a Garrett 1350, and looking forward to getting out there to do some hunting. I have enjoyed reading many of the posts on this forum and hope to contribute someday soon. I live in Western NC and hope there are interesting areas that will yield some neat finds. Complete newbie to the hobby and sure I'll be asking questions and needing advice.

Are there any good Metal Detecting magazines I could check out to help with learning the hobby?

Thanks very much,

Doug

Thank you for the links for the magazines. Much appreciated!!

Surry County, NC isn't too far away from here. I'm closer to Asheville.

I actually know of 5 different metal detecting/treasure hunting/prospecting magazines. They are in no particular order.

1. Western & Eastern Treasures. - Waiting for my subscription to start.
2. Lost Treasure. - Good Magazine. I like it.
3. American Digger -from what I hear, it is primarily a relic magazine, I have never read it.
4. Gold Prospectors - focusing on prospecting, but does have some detector talk in it
5. The Treasure Depot (new magazine will be out in December 2007. Brought to you by www.thetreasuredepot.com).

Hope it helps.

Moderators: Sorry for posting the link for another TH/MD site. I hope it is okay. If not please, delete.

I have hear nothing but good about the 1350.
I own an MXT and an Ace 250 myself. Looking to buy the F4 soon, possibly the F2 when it comes out in November.

Robert Roy

Don't forget your local historical society. Find the old schools and government buildings. Hit the old swimming holes and train stations.

Those mags are fun to read but not as local as your own needs will demand.

Have fun!

Paul

I agree that the Mags are fun reading and not always helpfull, The good thing about Books A Million or Barns and noble is that they welcome you to come in and sit and read through the books and mags so you can better choose what you want to buy, not to mention they have a good supply of gem & minerals, geology books. Local collage/University Librarys should have a good selection of these books as well and usually and "older" librarian who can direct you to what is and is not there.

Back
Top Bottom