Silver and ----gold?

Cupajo

Elite Member
Short water hunt this AM. Got in 13/4 hours before ground swells, cold wind and an urgent call from Ol Mom Nature sent me home!!

Recovered a hand full of targets including 2 silver rings and a heavy little metal thingy that has no markings but acid tests OK with silver/10K/14K/18K, but not 22K or platinum.

The mark on the stone strikes a little harder than I think it should, but the little sucker weighs 5.7Grams which is heavier than SS would be in my thinking.:no:
and it was deep among the stones!! (Where I usually find gold.):yes:

Comments/info appreciated,

CJ

Attachments

• 4-6-14 Finds 001.JPG
    4-6-14 Finds 001.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 403
  • 4-6-14 Finds 005.JPG
    4-6-14 Finds 005.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 391
  • 4-6-14 Finds 008.JPG
    4-6-14 Finds 008.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 394
  • 4-6-14 Finds 012.JPG
    4-6-14 Finds 012.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 382
Good to see your back out Lew, what ever it is, it's one of a kind, never seen anything like that before..:icecream:

With conditions deteriorating the way they have been, that's one heck of a good hunt CJ . Sure glad to see you're getting back in the grove again. :yes:

My bet is 18K, being it tested good at that but not at 22K.

Nice looking hunt Lew... is that an earring or a ring? its an odd looking piece.

Next 4 days arent going to be great down here either. Hey.... at least mom didnt send you home empty handed. congrats.

Dew

Nice looking hunt Lew... is that an earring or a ring? its an odd looking piece.

Craig there is no visible marks that would indicate a connection of a clasp or chain etc. I'm baffled by this myself.

There are small scuff marks and that's all!

It reminds me of a Near Eastern religious/good luck? symbol in the shape of a crescent.

I would like to know and hope someone out there can shed some light on this little jewel!!:yes:

CJ

Craig there is no visible marks that would indicate a connection of a clasp or chain etc. I'm baffled by this myself.

It reminds me of a Near Eastern religious/good luck? symbol in the shape of a crescent.

I would like to know and hope someone out there can shed some light on this little jewel!!:yes:

CJ

Could be something they use to "pierce" themselves with there's some strange folks wandering around these days.....good hunt tho....Bill

CJ

I'm not saying this is it but it sure looks like it may have been part of something like this...

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/...ew&rkey=100960&sc_cid=www.google.com|alsoview

Looks right Craig, but no mention of what metal is used or 260 Rupee to dollar value.:?:

There is an Indian lady where I get my coffee in the mornings. I'll have to show this to her and ask about the value!

Thanks again everyone for your info and replies!!!,

CJ

260 Indian Rupee equals
4.327 US Dollar

The mystery object absolutely looks like body jewelry. My wife puts stuff like that in her ears. Usually they are made of stainless steel.

Septum ring. It goes through the nose and is held in place by the sides of the nostrils. The prongs point downward out through the nostrils.

I've seen many of them. Don't ask.

Sage(in my misspent youth)Grouse

I'm thinkin SS even though it passed the "acid test"!!!:(

Just too much pressure needed to "strike a line" on the stone!

Many thanks Friends for your info/replies!!!

GL&HH to Ya,

CJ

It may not be gold but it's far more valuable than that. According to the link it keeps away evil spirits and black magic.:roll: Silver and gold...very valuable, being impervious to black magic attacks....priceless.:laughing:

It is def an ear gauge, made of surgical steel. I have seen a ton of these things. They fall out of people's ears all the time because the are so heavy and are only held in by two little rubber bands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom