It Came! V3i from Myers Detectors.

2.5khz 7.5khz and 22.5khz.

It's called ground filter, so I imagine it is taking the receive signal and using a band pass or high pass to cut out unnecessary harmonics. Band pass will cut out anything above or below the selected frequency range, high pass cuts out anything above a designated cut-off frequency. Not sure exactly how Whites set it up on the V3i as far as the band pass frequency range goes. I imagine the high end of the frequency range is constant for the band pass filter, and the frequency you select adjusts the low end of the frequency range. Where as with the high pass setting you are cutting out anything below the selected frequency, so the lower number the setting, the less harmonics you are cutting out.

Bandpass graph on top, High pass on bottom:

Attachments

• bandpass.jpg
    bandpass.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 2,662
  • highpass.jpg
    highpass.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
2.5khz 7.5khz and 22.5khz.

It's called ground filter, so I imagine it is taking the receive signal and using a band pass or high pass to cut out unnecessary harmonics. Band pass will cut out anything above or below the selected frequency range, high pass cuts out anything above a designated cut-off frequency. Not sure exactly how Whites set it up on the V3i as far as the band pass frequency range goes.

I know so 5khz is directly in the middle of 2.5 khz and 7.5 khz but it must be working on harmonics or something since it would only pass 5 khz and depending on the Q factor of the filter some above and below. This means a true BP filter would kill off all three of those frequencies.

Even more intrigued now. :/

I though it was only a 3 frequency MD and with only 3 a BP filter really doesn't make sense to me. Now a multi frequency MD like those Minelab models then a BP would make sense.

The tech. guys already covered the multi frequency minelabs. They don't use all their frequencies at the same time. It looks good selling detectors. Whites I think said if they wanted to could technically say they can run 47 frequencies to sound good. I just like to cut them on and they work myself:lol:

Set up a program in 3 frequency mode, correlate data, 99 recovery speed, 5khz bandpass filter, accept all VDIs, hot rock and bottle cap reject off, search audio mixed mode. Then turn rx gain and disc/all metal sensitivity as high as you can.

That is essentially how my beach program is set up, except I have salt mode on, but for land you don't need salt mode.

Hits coins really deep. :D

I'M setting up this one now. I'll pm you how it works while the beach is slow and I can try it inland:D

Set up a program in 3 frequency mode, correlate data, 99 recovery speed, 5khz bandpass filter, accept all VDIs, hot rock and bottle cap reject off, search audio mixed mode. Then turn rx gain and disc/all metal sensitivity as high as you can.

That is essentially how my beach program is set up, except I have salt mode on, but for land you don't need salt mode.

Hits coins really deep. :D

Thanks crumble, i'll give it a shot.

Your gonna have a ball with the V3i. It's the last MD you'll ever need.

Here is the Advanced Users Manual, but it's in plain English & more helpful than the actual one.

http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?46072-V3i-Advanced-User-s-Guide

Thanks, i'm looking forward to it, I love my F75 but the V3i looks like it's not only an awesome detector but a fun one to play around with as well, I like new features and gadgets which the V3i looks like its full of. One more thing, my XLT played "swing music" some older models played "Pennies from Heaven", what does the v3i play? I hope they didn't forget to add an easter egg!

Oh and I'm liking these new ProStar headphones that Phil threw in with my V3i, they remind me a lot of my Gray Ghost, they are much better than the old K/W Pro's Whites I to use with my XLT. Does anyone know if any Bluetooth headphones will work with the V3i or do you have to use the Whites model.

Whites wireless headphones are great, zero lag.

Only sold mine because it's too hot around here to wear them.

Ear buds, the kind that wrap behind your ear

Also have a pair of Grey Ghost NDT for when it is cold out.

Thanks, i'm looking forward to it, I love my F75 but the V3i looks like it's not only an awesome detector but a fun one to play around with as well, I like new features and gadgets which the V3i looks like its full of. One more thing, my XLT played "swing music" some older models played "Pennies from Heaven", what does the v3i play? I hope they didn't forget to add an easter egg!

I recently learned a new trick was to reject targets into the -70's as well as +95. From -69 thru -25, I have the tone set to 0. From there all of the other targets have the programmed sounds. These settings are supposed to get you to go deeper.

As far as the sounds, not sure what those are.

I need to use the full ear style headphones, that's all I ever used and now I'm so use to them I can't use anything else, but they do get hot in the summer. Just empty the sweat out every now and then and you're good to go. :D

I need to use the full ear style headphones, that's all I ever used and now I'm so use to them I can't use anything else, but they do get hot in the summer. Just empty the sweat out every now and then and you're good to go. :D

That's why I will never buy used headphones. :D

That's why I will never buy used headphones. :D

Yeah same here, it's not one of the detecting items that's worth buying used. I'll pay the few extra dollars for clean new ones. :D I need headphones to detect and have gotten so accustomed to the big ear ones like the Gray Ghost etc. that I can't use anything else. Before I drove I would ride my bike 10 miles each way to a cellar hole and on a few occasions I got there and realized I forgot my headphones and rode all the way home to get them, that's how bad of a quirk it is for me but days like that kept me in shape haha. :signals:

2.5 khz 7.5 khz 22 khz all at once or one at a time , v3i is equipped w/
a filter system , 6 of them 12khz low or high 10khz low or high 5khz low or high
5 khz is the deepest filter must use slow sweep speed .

Back
Top Bottom