Sand Scoop Costs... $100+????

Phenom

I noticed most of the Nice sand scoops that people suggest are like $100+

I dont have the option of making my own, but I would like to get a decent sand scoop but dont really want to pay more than $50 or $60, less would be great.

I for sure want one that is long or collapsible, so no short ones if possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent strong scoop?

Aslo what is a good digger, does not have to be long but I would like a place to push it in the ground with my foot, little garden shovels dont quite cut it.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
cant help ya on the scoop but on the diggers i mainly use a little hand one made by fiskars,i really like it. when relic hunting in the woods and places i don't need to worry about surgical digging i use a lesche ground shark,which has a foot rest on it to push the blade down, i think its 36" and weighs close to if not a little more than 3#. i think i gave about $40 for it and about $6 for the fiskars hand digger at home depot{may have been lowes}

I noticed most of the Nice sand scoops that people suggest are like $100+

I dont have the option of making my own, but I would like to get a decent sand scoop but dont really want to pay more than $50 or $60, less would be great.

I for sure want one that is long or collapsible, so no short ones if possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent strong scoop?

Aslo what is a good digger, does not have to be long but I would like a place to push it in the ground with my foot, little garden shovels dont quite cut it.

Thanks

Phenom if you're just going to hunt the dry sand.. you don't have to spend a lot of money on a scoop... Tony at TC metal detectors sold me a dry sand scoop called the kicker and it wasn't too expensive..

Most water scoops have to be strong and well built its why they are so expensive.. nothing worse then trying to pry up mud and clay and having your handle snap on a scoop...

Oh yeah everything about our hobby is expensive :D

Look at the Kickit scoop or the #733. Both are excellent scoops for under 100.00.

Kellyco has a nice selection of sand scoops that will not bust your wallet......
collapsing, extendable and others.

Phenom if you're just going to hunt the dry sand.. you don't have to spend a lot of money on a scoop... Tony at TC metal detectors sold me a dry sand scoop called the kicker and it wasn't too expensive..

Most water scoops have to be strong and well built its why they are so expensive.. nothing worse then trying to pry up mud and clay and having your handle snap on a scoop...

Oh yeah everything about our hobby is expensive :D
Yeah our hobby IS expensive to a point. At least we see some return on it with the finds we make. IMHO golf is the most expensive. By the time you pay for a quality set of clubs, fancy shoes and clothes, green fees, cart rentals, and let us not forget the drinks at the clubhouse. Yup, give me metal detecting any day.:D

Fooooouuuuurrrrrr! Com'in through boys. I tried golf once. I took up metal detecting because no one stares at you as much when you dig up big chunks of earth. It's not a divot, ... It's a horseshoe cut. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Thanks guys, I will check out CT and Kellyco, I went ahead and picked up an ames 7 in one digging tool at lowes for like $12, it seems strong enough, but ill have to see.

PB_7_1_display.jpg

The 7in1 is working out to be a great digger. Very strong and easy to push into the ground. The serrated edge makes cutting small grass roots a breeze. For $12 it was well worth it ..

I am still working on the scoop part, my local hobby store here sells one they say is from whites (I cant find it at there web site, but it looks just like the 2in1 from kellyco or RTG DELUXE BEACH SCOOP (#701) from TC or very similar) that is mainly a basket style two handeld one for Dry sand they sell for $59 so I might just go that route.

Back
Top Bottom