05 barber dime and a 62 rosey!

DFX-Gregg,

Thanks for replying. I live in the city on the north side. There is no lack of hunting places here for sure. The problem is, is that I've been itching to detect an older, relatively untouched area for some older coins. I hit the beach on occasion but mostly do tot lots and parks here, but in terms of coinage all I get is clad. I don't venture out to the suburbs, but I will on command if I knew there was potential. Perhaps the south side has some older areas I can try working? I rarely head down there but maybe I should try.

J

Hey try the chicago park district site! Also if you are on north side...how about the forest preserves...obviously you will not come out with a lot of coins...but caldwell woods over by Devon should yield some older coins... I know what you mean...I only have 7 silver coins...and 3 have been in last 3 weeks during the heavy rain periods...also remember i am getting out 3-4 times a week...so actually my silver count is poor....my ratio one silver per thousand coins! Also on one of the forums...I see guys asking/getting permission at older churches...

I do frequent the Chicago Park District site. It is helpful.

Cook County Forest Preserves are off-limits. Rent-A-Cops are everywhere and they do enforce up this way.

I'd sooner get slapped in the face by a priest than given permission to hunt a churchyard.

For now I'm watching Joe G's videos on Youtube for my silver fix, lol.

Joe (not Joe G unfortunately)

I do frequent the Chicago Park District site. It is helpful.

Cook County Forest Preserves are off-limits. Rent-A-Cops are everywhere and they do enforce up this way.

I'd sooner get slapped in the face by a priest than given permission to hunt a churchyard.

For now I'm watching Joe G's videos on Youtube for my silver fix, lol.

Joe (not Joe G unfortunately)

See I did hunt the cook county forest preserves 4-5 times this year...no one bothered me...guess I was lucky...now I know....Also have hunted by cumberland...they never bothered me there either...

Back
Top Bottom