First Time out with Ace Sniper Coil.

Spookydad

Wow what a difference! I went out to a tot lot I had worked before. This time with my new sniper coil. I found 9 pennies, a nickel, 2 die cast metal cars, a bracelet, and more importantly 4 small charms!

My wife is a Piglet (from Winnie the Pooh) fanatic. From what I can tell so far, the Piglet charm is gold plated at a minimum and possibly solid gold. I thought it was pot metal junk but when I gave it a quick clean with dish soap, it began to shine!

The sniper forces you to go slower and more accurately so it catches the little stuff much better. Nothing was more than 6 inches down with most between 2 and 4 inches.

I almost didn't dig the turtle. The sound was good in one direction but different in the other. I thought it was probably junk but since it was the first time with the new coil, I should dig it anyway. I had trouble finding it amounst the wood chips but I eventually narrowed it down.

Each find was right after my daughter came over and told me she was bored. That child has some kind of treasure gift. She was sitting in the swing I dug the bracelet under.

Not bad for just under an hour's dig.

SpookyDad

Aug_27_07_Nut.jpg

Charms_edited.jpg

Way to go SpookyDad, you gotta love those small coils - I have a 4" coil for my Fisher F4 and I use it about 98% of the time. You can get real close to the swing poles & such and find all the "goodies" that get missed by the larger coils. Keep up the great work (I mean fun)! Steve...

I am not sure what the bracelet is made of. The middle section is enamelled. The petals are made of mother of pearl. The metal is gold toned but dull and worn off in places. It may be silver but it is badly tarnished.

I am not sure how to clean it without ruining the enamelled section.

SpookyDad

Just swing back and forth in an "X". The coil has an x in the middle marking the center. It is no problem to tell where the tone is going off. The only times it was a little bit "off" was on the bracelet which is larger and "C" shaped. The other was the little turtle charm on a little chain. It was stretched out so it was an irregular shape.

SpookyDad

Back
Top Bottom