Fisher F pulse

Solong

Thinking about getting one of these to use with my simplex. Just the ability to switch frequencies is what appeals to me. I have read people having problems with the carrot and simplex detector, to much interference . Anyone use the the f pulse? What’s your experience with them?

Fisher F Pulse/Teknetics Tek Point are pulse induction pinpointers. I use mine with XP and Minelab detectors. I usually have to change frequencies a little bit on my Deus so I won't get any interference and I always noise cancel my Equinox with my Tek Point turned on. The Garrett pinponters and the Simplex operate at the same frequency roughly (12kHz) so avoiding interference on the high gain Simplex even with slight frequency shifts must be tough. I don't have a Simplex to test. I do have a Deus and my Tek Point does not seem to interfere with it at 12 kHz. My Deus and Equinox do get a little noisy at 17 to 20 kHz around my Tek Point.

Jeff

Fisher F Pulse/Teknetics Tek Point are pulse induction pinpointers. I use mine with XP and Minelab detectors. I usually have to change frequencies a little bit on my Deus so I won't get any interference and I always noise cancel my Equinox with my Tek Point turned on. The Garrett pinponters and the Simplex operate at the same frequency roughly (12kHz) so avoiding interference on the high gain Simplex even with slight frequency shifts must be tough. I don't have a Simplex to test. I do have a Deus and my Tek Point does not seem to interfere with it at 12 kHz. My Deus and Equinox do get a little noisy at 17 to 20 kHz around my Tek Point.

Jeff

Thanks, from what I was reading the tek point and fisher f pulse are basically the same thing.

I think one of those is what I will end up with.

Last edited:
I use the F-Pulse with a Simplex and have never had interference.

Using the F-Pulse with my Impact (only when running at 5hkz) and I have to shift frequencies or it has terrible interference.

I have the Tek-point (they're basically the same since they're made by practically the same parent company). Easily change frequencies to remove interference. What I also like about it is that it basically disregard mineralization in the ground hence can pinpoint deeper. I usually use it to pinpoint first before I dig.

I just bought one, have only used it once, however I LOVE mine. No falsing, felt reliable and cut the time to find the target versus my old generic carrot. It did make my F75 chatter just a bit, but it is easy to change frequency so it was quick and easy to resolve that.

Would there be any issues using the F-Pulse/Tek-Point with a Garrett AT-Pro? I want to get a new pinpointer that is waterproof and deciding between one of these and the carrot.

I've had an f-PULSE for a couple of years now. Generally, unless you have a lot of patience, I'd look elsewhere. When it works, it works great. But this season it has been nothing but glitchy. It constantly resets, buzzes and alarms for no apparent reason, and so forth. I've replaced the batteries and it still gets weird. I leave it in the truck now days.

I got a friend the Garrett Pro-pointer AT for her birthday and she hasn't had any issues. When I replace mine, I'll probably go that route. Also, I thought the f_PULSE was no longer being sold but was packaged with some higher-end Fisher detectors.

JP

buy a XP MI-4 pointer. I've nothing good to say about the f pulse pointer, therefore, I will leave it at that.The mi-4 flat works every time out like it should.A mars pointer is better than the f pulse and is only $80.

My simplex+ does not like my carrot and vice versa. Looking for another pinpointer that will not have all the interface.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

My simplex+ does not like my carrot and vice versa. Looking for another pinpointer that will not have all the interface.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

The pulse dive is a solid choice. On the plus side it will work with the simplex headphones if you have those or maybe plan on picking up a set in the future.

buy a XP MI-4 pointer. I've nothing good to say about the f pulse pointer, therefore, I will leave it at that.The mi-4 flat works every time out like it should.A mars pointer is better than the f pulse and is only $80.

If you could elaborate on the negatives experienced with your F Pulse, that'd be very helpful. Depending on field experience, I'll make a choice on whether to stick with mine.

I know for me the F-pulse falsed , shut off, freeze up all the time. Sent in for warranty and in 2 weeks the replacement was doing the same thing. I've had several mi-6 pinpointers and no issues. They are fantastic. XP makes very good products. The Garrett pro pointer AT is a good choice too. But I've used them all except for the newest nokta and XP is my favorite for dependability.. Garrett pro pointer AT is my favorite for size, shape, size of power button.but it's not quite as rugged and uses 9v batteries l, the mi-6 is rechargable and lasts forever.

One of my friends has an XP pinpointer matched up with his Deus and I can't use my Simplex within 20 ft when he fires up the pin pointer. The interference is terrible.

One of my friends has an XP pinpointer matched up with his Deus and I can't use my Simplex within 20 ft when he fires up the pin pointer. The interference is terrible.

You have 3 frequency shift channels on the simplex.

If you could elaborate on the negatives experienced with your F Pulse, that'd be very helpful. Depending on field experience, I'll make a choice on whether to stick with mine.

The first one never worked right,it would runaway trip upon start up. Through many email exchanges with Felix and multiple phone calls, I was able to exchange it.The second worked better but over time (still within a years time)it developed where it would not work at times at all. I suspect of wet muddy conditions that I was using it in.Eventually,it fell apart,the plastic and aluminum components separated into individual pieces which is probably why it would get wet in the first place and not work.The worst product I ever bought, worst customer service I ever experienced. Since then, I sold my t2 classic and I will not have anything to do with the company's products again, the $130 was a bittersweet lesson.There are better companies out there.I wish I could tell you about their customer service but I haven't had a single problem since the f-pulse product.The XP Mi-4 pointer is a whole lot better than the f-pulse for me.I also use the mi-6 pointer connected to the XP deus but didn't like to disconnect its pairing to use with the Nokta/Makro machines, therefore I added the mi-4 for those machines.I really liked the t2 classic but the whole pointer/ customer service left an unpleasant experience.$130 isn't a lot for some but it is to me.

The first one never worked right,it would runaway trip upon start up. Through many email exchanges with Felix and multiple phone calls, I was able to exchange it.The second worked better but over time (still within a years time)it developed where it would not work at times at all. I suspect of wet muddy conditions that I was using it in.Eventually,it fell apart,the plastic and aluminum components separated into individual pieces which is probably why it would get wet in the first place and not work.The worst product I ever bought, worst customer service I ever experienced. Since then, I sold my t2 classic and I will not have anything to do with the company's products again, the $130 was a bittersweet lesson.There are better companies out there.I wish I could tell you about their customer service but I haven't had a single problem since the f-pulse product.The XP Mi-4 pointer is a whole lot better than the f-pulse for me.I also use the mi-6 pointer connected to the XP deus but didn't like to disconnect its pairing to use with the Nokta/Makro machines, therefore I added the mi-4 for those machines.I really liked the t2 classic but the whole pointer/ customer service left an unpleasant experience.$130 isn't a lot for some but it is to me.

Thanks very much for sharing your experience. If not for already picking up an F-Pulse, I'd most likely go with a different model like Whites TRX or XP MI-6 (perhaps MI-4 for the reason you've given). Definitely agree that it's a lot of money to gamble with when there are reliable models in the same price range or even less.

Will see how it goes with this one. Hopefully they've worked out some bugs, but the construction issues are concerning as well. Will have to see if this one has the runaway issue when powered up near metal.

Back
Top Bottom