old rail roads

masterpuppet

Good evening all!! I wanted to see what everyone thinks of this.I have come across an old rail way bed. The rails have been pulled up and the oldtimers in the area have said there use to be hobo camps in one area.The trains stopped daily service in 69 and it was a passneger train. What do you think would be the best way to hunt this?

Look for camp areas by a creek, hobo camps still needed water. The rail area themselves are so full of clinkers, slag and iron they are neigh impossible to hunt.

Some of the older railroad spikes can be worth a lot to Railroad collectors. I ought to know, my father was a train nut who spent thousands on that stuff.

i can tell you, you will find LOTS of rail road spikes and related stuff. I live next to a rail road and found lots of iron spikes and the plates that they go into

Some of the older railroad spikes can be worth a lot to Railroad collectors. I ought to know, my father was a train nut who spent thousands on that stuff.

Old as in 1840-1860's?
There's some tracks just down the road, they've pulled up most of them, actually, and paved over most of it too. I'm sure I can get an old spike, since there's probably a lot of debre on the sides of the old tracks, possibly including a spike?

Back
Top Bottom