• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

The Equinox Line is the Best Sub $1000.00 All Terain Detector on the Market

BufordCityDawg

Elite Member
25qkjk.jpg

Well, except for the AT PRO.
While I am sure the Nox is a great detector also, it really depends a lot on the user here.:yes:

Hands down. As a long time at pro user I can say the ATP is not in the same league.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

For the salt beach that doesn't require a PI, its the best sub $1000 detector.

But if you want to go in the water past chest deep, spend more and get a CZ21/Excal. If you want better ID and that larger coil this summer, spend a lot more and get the CTX.

I also think the other FBS land machines that are used at the beach like the safari and etrac are going to hit most of the same targets. However, I would never use these on the beach. I've been caught in the rain too many times to count and have watched on these forums as multiple etracs have taken a dip in the ocean and were ruined.

i think it's curious these threads have begun to specify themselves a bit more lately. Its not been that long and we moved from PUTTING ALL DETECTORS OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!! to BEST DETECTOR UNDER $1000!!!!

maybe soon it is BEST DETECTOR WITH 7 LETTERS IN ITS NAME!?

That math is wrong...try a used Explorer II for $250 and a used Excalibur Sword for $250...all detecting scenarios land and sea are covered for $500. And not drinking anyone's kool-aid? That's priceless:laughing:

When you get into the word (All Terrain) your basically meaning waterproof VLF machines.Which there’s quite a few,equinox happens to be the latest and the AT pro the earliest imo,Which the AT in At pro means all terrain.
Wouldn’t try to change your mind Bufordcitydawg,the equinox may very well be the best all terrain machine for you under $1,000..
For me,I Dont think I’d do much better with a equinox than I’d do with a mx sport,at pro,quest 60 or any other all terrain machine made..I’m a coin hunter mostly,and coins just don’t get past 8 inches in my area,and all those machines will hit them..I’ve been telling myself I would water hunt for years now,hasn’t happened yet..But six months from now you may find yourself swinging the next new thing out,and finding the same cool stuff you did before you owned the equinox .

For the salt beach that doesn't require a PI, its the best sub $1000 detector.

But if you want to go in the water past chest deep, spend more and get a CZ21/Excal. If you want better ID and that larger coil this summer, spend a lot more and get the CTX.

I also think the other FBS land machines that are used at the beach like the safari and etrac are going to hit most of the same targets. However, I would never use these on the beach. I've been caught in the rain too many times to count and have watched on these forums as multiple etracs have taken a dip in the ocean and were ruined.

Not specifying beach detector. I specifically went with all terrain to keep people from saying this beach detector does better than the Nox at the beach. How does that beach detector do it the dirt? In iron? etc.

i think it's curious these threads have begun to specify themselves a bit more lately. Its not been that long and we moved from PUTTING ALL DETECTORS OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!! to BEST DETECTOR UNDER $1000!!!!

maybe soon it is BEST DETECTOR WITH 7 LETTERS IN ITS NAME!?

I can't speak for those who said the Nox is putting everyone out of business... I'm asking about machines in its price range that does everything that it does.

That math is wrong...try a used Explorer II for $250 and a used Excalibur Sword for $250...all detecting scenarios land and sea are covered for $500. And not drinking anyone's kool-aid? That's priceless:laughing:

I wasn't really going with a multi-detector setup, but I'll allow it as long as they are under 1000 total and they can do everything that the Nox can do and some things better. Also, under 1000 NEW.

BCD

Last edited:
When you get into the word (All Terrain) your basically meaning waterproof VLF machines.Which there’s quite a few,equinox happens to be the latest and the AT pro the earliest imo,Which the AT in At pro means all terrain.
Wouldn’t try to change your mind Bufordcitydawg,the equinox may very well be the best all terrain machine for you under $1,000..
For me,I Dont think I’d do much better with a equinox than I’d do with a mx sport,at pro,quest 60 or any other all terrain machine made..I’m a coin hunter mostly,and coins just don’t get past 8 inches in my area,and all those machines will hit them..I’ve been telling myself I would water hunt for years now,hasn’t happened yet..But six months from now you may find yourself swinging the next new thing out,and finding the same cool stuff you did before you owned the equinox .

I totally agree that for many their current machine setup is doing them just find and they don't need to change to the Nox.

I have a NOX 600 and my 800 just arrived today, I have not even unboxed it yet. I think I might trade the 600 off for a Makro Multi Kruzer, which I feel is in the same class as the 600.

20180522_160015.jpg

It may be the most versatile machine under 1000 but not the most durable. MSRP is 899. Add another 120 for a battery replacement 3 years later, won't be sub-1000 any more.

I have to agree with you on the Nox being in a league of its own. I'm also a huge fan of Crowder, and a Mug Club member.

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

Figures are off

Equinox 800 for around 800, Equinox 600 for around 600 , as far as the AT pro, it's not salt water friendly , Captain getting parts for the machine's you use are like waiting for the Nox accessories to come out :roll::laughing: :timer::waiting: so for a few hundred more , that's your ticket , so drink the coolaid , the Nox is just another tool to be had , in one's arsenal , one who uses coolaid however , :laughing:, will have to except the taste , or just have to continue swinging antique's that break down with no part's :p to be had. PS the Nox isn't the best machine out their , however in that cost category , it's without a doubt, making other mid range water proof machine manufactures scramble for a solution :lol: that's great for us, i have the feeling we will see more , better, machines enter the market , at a reasonable cost .

Back
Top Bottom