Nokta Legend headphones?

RwP

Anyone tried any earbud headphones on the Nokta Legend? It's been so hot I've just been using the built-in speaker but feel with my hearing headphones suit me better

I've got some good info about earbuds, but I'm heading out the door in a few minutes. I'll post back later tonight.

I believe it will use the same aptX LL headphones the Equinox uses. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

If true look at Nox wireless headphone/earbud threads.

You'll want low latency Bluetooth earbuds. Anything 60ms or less will be fine. Most are below 60ms, but honestly I doubt anyone can tell the difference between 30 ms and 60 ms.

The earbuds can either have a physical button or be touch sensitive. I would avoid the button type as it's just an area where water and dirt can possibly get in.

You only need to use 1 at a time.

Normal mode is typically the default, so, when you use them you'll probably have have to put them in low latency mode each time (takes about 1 second to do).

That's about all I can think of for now, except that everyone I know that switched from headphones to earbuds, never go back to using headphones.

Here's the earbuds that I use, but there are a lot of similar ones. Oh ya, they are also waterproof.

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-TRA...&sprefix=tranya+t10,aps,127&sr=8-1-spons&th=1

Last edited:
Nope, but they are LL at 45ms and there is no lag in LL mode.

Where did you hear about the low latency indicator?

Bottom left of page 27 of the Legend User Manual. On the Legend it is an LL by the headphone symbol. On the Nox it is a plus sign by the headphone symbol. Without this you probably aren't getting true low latency since both the Nox and Legend use the aptX LL audio codec. You are getting really good Bluetooth latency but not true low latency.

Bottom left of page 27 of the Legend User Manual. On the Legend it is an LL by the headphone symbol. On the Nox it is a plus sign by the headphone symbol. Without this you probably aren't getting true low latency since both the Nox and Legend use the aptX LL audio codec. You are getting really good Bluetooth latency but not true low latency.

My Legend is from the first production run. The original paper and online manual do not mention a LL symbol, but the newer versions of both do mention that symbol. So I don't know what's up with that.

Regardless, when I'm sweeping over a target in normal mode, I see and hear a lag. When I switch to LL mode on the earbuds, there is no lag at all. That's all I need, and all I need to know :)

Received these yesterday and have only tried them out in my test garden and seen to be working great 👍 👌 👍

Very nice, I opted for super slow free shipping so mine are still a few days away. Glad they’re working well for you though.

Received these yesterday and have only tried them out in my test garden and seen to be working great 👍 👌 👍

Well it seems they sent you the last pair. Amazon delayed my order, and now cancelled it and they are showing as "currently unavailable." So I guess Im back to square one. Does anyone know of any Low Latency Waterproof headphones that are not earbuds and are not "over the ear?"

hbot,

Did you check out the similar ones if you scroll down in the Amazon link you posted?

hbot,

Did you check out the similar ones if you scroll down in the Amazon link you posted?

I did, from I can tell most of them are not aptx LL, and if they are then theyre either very pricey, or only have a couple hours of battery power. I'm going to keep searching, I'll post here if I find anything that works.

Well it seems they sent you the last pair. Amazon delayed my order, and now cancelled it and they are showing as "currently unavailable." So I guess Im back to square one. Does anyone know of any Low Latency Waterproof headphones that are not earbuds and are not "over the ear?"
I still show them available, and ordered after you did.:?:
Are you here in the state's?

Last edited:
You'll want low latency Bluetooth earbuds. Anything 60ms or less will be fine. Most are below 60ms, but honestly I doubt anyone can tell the difference between 30 ms and 60 ms.

The earbuds can either have a physical button or be touch sensitive. I would avoid the button type as it's just an area where water and dirt can possibly get in.

You only need to use 1 at a time.

Normal mode is typically the default, so, when you use them you'll probably have have to put them in low latency mode each time (takes about 1 second to do).

That's about all I can think of for now, except that everyone I know that switched from headphones to earbuds, never go back to using headphones.

Here's the earbuds that I use, but there are a lot of similar ones. Oh ya, they are also waterproof.

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-TRANYA-Waterproof-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B01N5Q0TFM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=AFV7T5140W3I&keywords=tranya+t10&qid=1660623125&sprefix=tranya+t10,aps,127&sr=8-1-spons&th=1
Hey Digalicious,

I'm a new legend owner who is trying to find some wireless earbuds and these look great...the only problem is, I've heard that since these don't have the aptx-LL codec they may interfere with the threshold. I honestly have no idea what the "threshold" is yet (I'm brand new lol) but I did download the "threshold volume update" along with the new 1.11 update. Given this new update, would these earbuds still be compatible?

I just looked over those linked headphones, and you're right, they don't specify aptx-LL anywhere, not even on 3rd party review sites. Their "45ms latency gaming mode" might be aptx-LL, might not. Unless you get proof otherwise, I'd skip them and look for ones that for sure support what the Legend requires, and light up the "LL" display. I have some Aukey branded ones a few years old (with a wire running between them) with aptx-LL that work on both the Equinox and Legend.

Not familiar with the threshold issue, sorry, no help there.

I just looked over those linked headphones, and you're right, they don't specify aptx-LL anywhere, not even on 3rd party review sites. Their "45ms latency gaming mode" might be aptx-LL, might not. Unless you get proof otherwise, I'd skip them and look for ones that for sure support what the Legend requires, and light up the "LL" display. I have some Aukey branded ones a few years old (with a wire running between them) with aptx-LL that work on both the Equinox and Legend.

Not familiar with the threshold issue, sorry, no help there.
Okay, thank you. I appreciate your help!

HomeSpot Neckband Wireless Earbuds aptX Low Latency Bluetooth Headphones Bluetooth 5.1 Qualcomm® CVC​

Work very well with the Legend and LL shows

Back
Top Bottom