KT had a dilemma but resolved it!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Everyone in here knows KT takes pictures of both coins and minerals, sometimes using his Chinese USB led microscope.

Well, Pictures 1 & 2 show KT's problem when trying to use a filter to lessen the reflected blue light from his LWUV source. Holding the filter in one hand and light in the other....then His Majesty has to call on either the Queen or Prince John to use the computer mouse to snap the photo! HA HA KT needed a 3rd hand....so that is exactly what He bought. It arrived today. This little gadget has a variety of uses but comes in handy when needing to magnify and solder a connection on thin wire. KT removed the magnifier and one of the clips, so that it simply has one clip, the holding rod and the stand. Third picture shows it holding the yellow filter (a pair of yellow clip on hunter's glasses, and KT holding the UV light, leaving his right hand free to use the mouse to snap the photo!

This "third hand" came from eBay and only cost around $7, and solves a big Royal PITA for His Majesty! :laughing::laughing: KT thinks any tinkerer would have a use for this item! :yes::D

Attachments

• The Dilemma01.jpg
    The Dilemma01.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 187
  • The Dilemma02.jpg
    The Dilemma02.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 175
  • Problem solved.jpg
    Problem solved.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 186
  • third hand box lid.jpg
    third hand box lid.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 179
Thanks for that post, KT. I actually have TWO of those but don’t even remember where I got them. I often use them when soldering. Very handy indeed.

Jim

Thanks for that post, KT. I actually have TWO of those but don’t even remember where I got them. I often use them when soldering. Very handy indeed.

Jim

Royal Thanks for your comment jimther! KT also has two. You have seen one as a filter holder for my computer microscope…above..but also on the Royal Optical Microscope table there is one that holds the nozzle of a tire inflator that KT uses to blow dust from specimens He is examining with the scope.

They are both super handy!

Back
Top Bottom