Just stabbin some clad and a wheat spill.

Oldsjunkie

Forum Supporter
Just went across the street to my neighbor's copper memorial farm for an hour and a half or so...:wow: Pockets in the 70s were obviously bad for copper. 35 coppers. Got a late wheat spill of 4, no shiny buddies riding with em though. :no: Cool little Junior Sheriff badge. Copper. Might be Tootsie, but they usually mark their stuff... Mickey mouse watch from the 80s, cool marble, Ricer and $1.84 in clad to put rice in it. Thanks for looking and HH!

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 283
  • wheat front.jpg
    wheat front.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 287
  • badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 279
  • marble.jpg
    marble.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 284
  • wheat back.jpg
    wheat back.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 292
Thanks folks! I pulled an '18 Merc out of this yard last week so I have that crazy anticipation every plug!

Yeah Mud, the dirt was just a little moist, all the targets were basically identical 3-4" stuff, prime high speed stabbin resulting in some coinage quick.

Nice Hunt !! I love me some clad stabbin !!! Way too much emphasis placed on finding silver IMHO. Nothing wrong with a good clad hunt.

Nice Hunt !! I love me some clad stabbin !!! Way too much emphasis placed on finding silver IMHO. Nothing wrong with a good clad hunt.

I agree. I get a kick out of just picking up that clad hole after hole. Yippee when it is a quarter instead of a bottle cap! A merc is worth less than 5 clad quarters and the quarters are much more easily found. Besides, things sink so quickly around here (60" annual rainfall) that the old stuff is hard to come by.

I'm only a few months into detecting and it actually took me awhile learning my machine in my yard to finally find my first coin a 2009 penney . I was happy to finally find anything other than pull tabs bottle caps and just trash. My yard has a lot of slag scattered about . I ventured out to a local tot lot and found a few more pennies and a dime and then my first quarter. A person in the park with his young daughter directed me to a beach on one of the lakes here so I moved to that area and have found 4-5 dollars in clad along with my first nickel. My oldest coin to date is from that park a 1964 penney and the day before a 1965 quarter which I was sure was going to be my first silver as it rang up 99 on the ATP at 8-9 inches. It came out of the hole really clean at about 8" but turned out to be 1965.Although I'd really like to get on a CW site and relic hunt and I will get there as well as getting on some old homesites and find some old silver I'm happy when I get in a spot that produces clad. I just like finding anything lol. Pennies have lost their excitement lol I've moved on . I still dig them and have gotten it down to where I can tell most of the time before I dig thats whats in the ground a few times I'm surprised with a dime instead as the dimes run in the 81-83 range most of the time and the pennies usually anywhere from 76-81 usually 80-81 is most always a penny. Every hunt I get better at knowing what to expect. I still dig the questionable just to confirm my suspensions. I like digging clad.

I'm only a few months into detecting and it actually took me awhile learning my machine in my yard to finally find my first coin a 2009 penney . I was happy to finally find anything other than pull tabs bottle caps and just trash. My yard has a lot of slag scattered about . I ventured out to a local tot lot and found a few more pennies and a dime and then my first quarter. A person in the park with his young daughter directed me to a beach on one of the lakes here so I moved to that area and have found 4-5 dollars in clad along with my first nickel. My oldest coin to date is from that park a 1964 penney and the day before a 1965 quarter which I was sure was going to be my first silver as it rang up 99 on the ATP at 8-9 inches. It came out of the hole really clean at about 8" but turned out to be 1965.Although I'd really like to get on a CW site and relic hunt and I will get there as well as getting on some old homesites and find some old silver I'm happy when I get in a spot that produces clad. I just like finding anything lol. Pennies have lost their excitement lol I've moved on . I still dig them and have gotten it down to where I can tell most of the time before I dig thats whats in the ground a few times I'm surprised with a dime instead as the dimes run in the 81-83 range most of the time and the pennies usually anywhere from 76-81 usually 80-81 is most always a penny. Every hunt I get better at knowing what to expect. I still dig the questionable just to confirm my suspensions. I like digging clad.

Sounds like you're heading down the right path! It's sometimes a little therapy from our therapy I think, at least for the guys who dig so much silver and stuff they have the expectation of it. Not that I'm one of those...:lol: Just banging out a few bucks and skipping the jumpy noises and deep whispers is a good thing now and then.

Always keep in mind that no matter how well we know our machines and what they're trying to tell us, changes in ground mineralization between ground balances, (if you don't have a tracking machine and even sometimes with), other items in the hole with the target, target on edge or odd angle, EMI...all these things will sway the VDI. Your ear is gonna be the deciding factor every time. Keep up he work and research and you'll see that shiny stuff before you know it. It's a special kind of feeling for sure!

GL and HH!

Back
Top Bottom