Polished nugget

yooper69

Elite Member
3D457A64-EBDA-4766-A79E-93A099F1CF41.jpg

Beautiful stone but a background story would be nice.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Not much story it is what the U.P of Michigan is known for “Copper Country” It is mainly what most guys detect for in our area. I am ordering a couple new machines one is the AT max so I can start detecting for coins and other relics around old mining camps. And gold.

The green and black are patina. The rest has been sanded and polished and then cleared so the copper don’t patina again.

That’s beautiful. Any idea if float copper is on the lower peninsula as well? I grew up by Petoskey and I still have family north of there. I try and get up there once a year. I’m thinking I may need to get out searching the woods up by the lake. I would love to find a piece of float copper.

That’s beautiful. Any idea if float copper is on the lower peninsula as well? I grew up by Petoskey and I still have family north of there. I try and get up there once a year. I’m thinking I may need to get out searching the woods up by the lake. I would love to find a piece of float copper.

Right? Great find and picture there Yooper! Make a fellow interested in this subset skill of this Sport! I imagine theres a few special skills a guy needs to hunt for float? Locations and strata to be aware of etc?

Hey yooper are you part of this organization? All your recent pics are on this website

http://www.adventureminetours.com/CopperSales.html

The owner is a friend and buys all the copper . He makes it into book ends jewelry etc. The native copper is so hard it takes a special saw and lubricant to cut it. He polishes and cuts it for me . He takes a lot of the copper to the gem show in Arizona each year. Some of the pieces are shipped all over the world.

As you can see on the big piece laying on the pallet it is in the basement of the mine office amongst others. Matt has that piece listed wrong in weight he has it at 1500 pounds but it is over 2000 .

The owner is a friend and buys all the copper . He makes it into book ends jewelry etc. The native copper is so hard it takes a special saw and lubricant to cut it. He polishes and cuts it for me . He takes a lot of the copper to the gem show in Arizona each year. Some of the pieces are shipped all over the world.

That’s pretty cool man. I really wanna find some float copper now

Neat stuff!
The native Americans travelled hundreds of miles to get copper for their spearheads and such:yes:

Back
Top Bottom