My Old Bottle and Jar Collection

Billy

My Old Bottle and Jar Collection

Not only do I enjoy Metal Detecting, but I love finding old bottles out the bush around old abandoned bottle dumps. I remember as a small boy smashing beautiful old bottles to bits with my mates, and these bottles we smashed were beautiful old “useless” bottles, they were even beautiful back then when I was a boy. Beautiful blue bottles, purple bottles, green bottles, many different coloured bottles.

Little did I know back then how much those bottles would be worth these days! One of the old bottle dumps is only a five minute walk from where I live, that was a place I distinctly remember smashing hundreds of beautiful bottles. We smashed every bottle that was on the surface! Grrr! I wish I had not of … but then again, if me and my mates did not do it, then some other kids would have.

I wish I had of buried them now.

Anyhow I have uploaded around 150 photos of my bottle collection, with still hundreds to go and plenty of spots around my town where I know there are heaps of old bottles laying around. Check out my Old Australian Bottles

Old Bottle Marked VC Greatheads Mixture - Victoria Cross Stamped on Bottle
2008_Nov_28_old_australian_bottles_2291.JPG

Old Australian Coca Cola Bottle
2008_Nov_28_old_australian_bottles_2316.JPG

Old Bottle Marked Reindeer Brand
2008_Nov_28_old_australian_bottles_2314.JPG

Unknown Old Beer Bottle
2008_Nov_28_old_australian_bottles_2308.JPG

Old Beer Bottle Marked Pick Ax Brand
2008_Nov_28_old_australian_bottles_2305.JPG

Back
Top Bottom