Sydney Australia

Predecimal

Hi all,

I am a newb with a spanking new DFX. Looking for a detecting partner to collect treasures around Sydney's beautiful beaches and parks. I am on the North Shore, but don't mind travelling...

I am a 33 Yearold Male, and don't mind dedecting with old, young, guy, gal.

Regards
Brad

Welcome to the forum. Sydney, huh? I can't wait to see what you find down there. I'd go with ya but I'm way up here in Maine. Good luck!

Welcome to the forum Predecimal Glad you have joined us . Hope you can find a partner down under , its always nicer to have someone hunt with you makes it more fun . I'm in Missouri so to far for me but wish I could . Will be watching for pictures of your finds . Happy Hunting Harold

I WISH !!! :spin:

I'd go straight to Manly and Shelly Beach, by way of Bondi of course!
I cleaned up once on Narrabeen.

You got so many great places there. But my absolute fav is Surfer's.

If you see a beautiful blonde woman, say hi to my x-wifey.

I'll be down there Nov 09, I gotta get my drivers license renewed. You can bet I'll be MD'ing at the beach! :yes:

Let me know how you like the DFX. How long have ya been detecting?

Hi Perry,

I plan on hitting some of those beaches once I get the right tools. I need to get myself a sand scoop. As you probably know, there are tons of little beaches scattered around the lower North Shore...including a few nude beaches. Would be a good day MD'ing amongst topless women :)

How long have I been detecting? Well today was my first day. I live in an apartment block so went and played around in the grass patch. I actually managed to find an old 50c coin, which had turned bronze in colour. Must say, I was very excited about my first coin!

Its safe to say I am officially addicted :)

Cheers!

Be sure to get those mirrored sunglasses for the nude beaches. :cool: There were days I didn't even turn on the detector when I was at those beaches, it really helps to have the yank accent sometimes!:D
Yep, you need a scoop and it is my experience that the long handle ones are the best, they save the back. I can tell you how to fix them up with magnets and mini screens. If you need anything from over here just let me know.
1st coin eh, cool ! Get out there and let's see your first ring! Summer is right around the corner. I LOVE $2 coins, I wish we had them here.
Perry AKA Capt'n Bob of Contiki USA

Welcome to the forum! Nice to hear from another Aussie. I'm too far from you, down in Victoria and all! Wish you all the best in your hunting adventures!
Golden:spin:

Be sure to get those mirrored sunglasses for the nude beaches. There were days I didn't even turn on the detector when I was at those beaches, it really helps to have the yank accent sometimes!
Yep, you need a scoop and it is my experience that the long handle ones are the best, they save the back. I can tell you how to fix them up with magnets and mini screens. If you need anything from over here just let me know.
1st coin eh, cool ! Get out there and let's see your first ring! Summer is right around the corner. I LOVE $2 coins, I wish we had them here.
Perry AKA Capt'n Bob of Contiki USA

LOL, thanks for the tips Perry. I actually went on my first outing today. I went to a small park/beach called Chinamans Beach. The DFX didn't stop beeping in the park. I had no idea what was going on, I guess there was trash everywhere. Once I got onto the sand, things quietened down. I managed to find a $2 Coin, and then a 50c coin. Not to mention a million pull tabs, bottle caps, and alumium cans. Unfortunately one thing I didn't find was topless women. :P I think I am slowly getting the hang of the DFX, it is a complex machine (for a beginner).

Welcome to the forum! Nice to hear from another Aussie. I'm too far from you, down in Victoria and all! Wish you all the best in your hunting adventures!
Golden

Thanks Golden, I am starting to think MD is more popular in Vic than NSW.

I would love to hunt in Australia! That is one place that I would love to visit in my lifetime. Have you done any prospecting before?

No have never done any prospecting...this is the first time I have ever used a metal detector. I plan on doing some prospecting weekends when I learn how to use this thing :)

Did you know that there are forums just for the DFX? I am sure you could get some tips on your machine there.
Could not believe it... went to a tot lot yesterday and found a 10 cent coin from OZ. :shock: It had to of been there a long time too.

hey hows it going. Im in sydney and would love some1 to go metal detecting with
iv never done it b4!!!
but itd b awesome.

nah man

its a problem i know
where r u located
have u managed 2 find many buddys in sydney?

detecting partner

Brad

I am also iin Sydney and would be more than willing to catch upp with you for a few hours detecting.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom