North East CT Anyone

BigKyle

I know i posted this a few weeks a go, but i we got a lot of people joining as of late!

So im hoping to meet some people on the eastern side of the state...

im from brooklyn, but i im all over the east side of the sate.. i dont mind traveling to meet some people or spend a day detecting!

Shoot me a message or reply

Dayville

I live around the corner from the "Dayville Big Dig" (killingly crossings)
Plan on doing some hunting when the leaves drop (not much spare time on my hands during the summer months)...We should get together.

Rick Caisse

woodstock ct

Hello I just joined the forum and just started metal detecting..I would like to find someone to hunt with, but I have a messed up schedule and 2 kids so finding the time is the issue. My schedule is 4 days on two off. A weekend every six weeks. So send me a reply I am not sure where to go around here i went to thompson dam but i was told that i could not detect there even though their rules say you can on beaches and disturbed areas but i guess the park ranger does not know how to read there own rules. Oh well it was my first frustrating experiance with metal detecting other than around my house I have not been anywhere else. Anyways just wanted to place a post..nice to meet everyone.

Ranger is wrong!

Hello I just joined the forum and just started metal detecting..I would like to find someone to hunt with, but I have a messed up schedule and 2 kids so finding the time is the issue. My schedule is 4 days on two off. A weekend every six weeks. So send me a reply I am not sure where to go around here i went to thompson dam but i was told that i could not detect there even though their rules say you can on beaches and disturbed areas but i guess the park ranger does not know how to read there own rules. Oh well it was my first frustrating experiance with metal detecting other than around my house I have not been anywhere else. Anyways just wanted to place a post..nice to meet everyone.

Been to the dam a few times...never saw a ranger but I took a small boat across to the back end. Anyway the CT. rules say you can detect there as long as you are not disturbing others using the area for other recreational purposes. Furthermore..there is no posting against it there, or on the DEP Thompson Dam website. I will go back when the leaves drop!

ps...I grew up about a mile up the road from the Woodstock town line...used to watch all the rides for the fair go by my house every yea. : )

Rick C.

I was told by the ranger that the boat launch area was OK I have also done the campground off season. Cladius.

Back
Top Bottom