300yr old acres of frustration seeks experienced, well equipped treasure hunter

OK. Maybe I'll go back, turn the discrimination up and see if there's anything worth while that isn't being masked by the iron.

Unfortunately the magnet idea won't work that well. A lot of the iron is under the surface. Much of it is an inch or more down. From what I've gathered about the history, I don't think the former owners were much for mowing the yard or picking up after themselves. So whatever fell down stayed down. He also fancied himself an inventor and kept a lot of pieces parts around. It seemed he kept a lot of them scattered about the yard. Even with discrimination up, I'll be digging a bit of big iron, but I think I might give it a go anyway. I've already pulled up an iron, several gaden hoe heads, lawn mower blades, axe heads, bed springs, plow parts, tractor parts, and a few unidentifiable chunks. What's a few more?

With school starting, I'm not sure when I'll get the time now. I've been going out before work in the mornings, but now I'll be putting that time into getting the kids ready for and off to school. I should have a few hours next Sunday. I'll try to get out then and keep you posted.

Thanks for all of your help and encouragement. I just can't believe all of the junk! And I'm a little discouraged that any valuable items might be masked by the sea of nails. We'll see.

at the very least...

You could set up your own antique shop with all the old iron your finding.. maybe you could sell some of it to someone crazy enough to buy old hoe heads or lawnmower blades. :)

Gps

Do you have an address or GPS number... I would like to take a look from Florida..

AZ

Wow I know exactly where that house is if you are still talking about the Stewart Malloy house. I have driven by it dozens of times and stopped to read the historical podium that sits out at the edge of the lawn. Right there at the T junction of stewartsville cemetary road. A lot of people who live in that area say that house is haunted, I dunno, but it is the oldest house in Scotland County and it's a very beautiful house and piece of property for sure. That's so weird. I moved from Scotland County about 2 weeks ago out here to Arizona and I find a post about my old home town. What a small world...

Back
Top Bottom