• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2012 FMDF Treasure Hunt, Please read...

Kansas Dave

Diggin' It With Friends
Forum Supporter
The K & M Discovery Team would like to invite all of the forum members and hobbyist out to our 4th annual FMDF Diggin' It With Friends Treasure Hunt being held at Prospect Park in Rich Hill, Missouri. The hunt is Saturday, May 19th. We will be meeting at one of the shelters in the Park at 8:00am rain or shine. After a brief welcome and rundown on the days events we will be off and searching!
We do not charge an entry fee to attend and this is not a seeded event. However we will be giving away a few prizes after the hunt and will be having a BBQ/picnic and we would like you to bring along your favorite dish. We will be providing and grilling the meat onsite. Bring your spouses, your children or even your best hunting bud, everybody is welcome to attend our event! If you are interested in meeting and socializing, not to mention hunting with other hobbyist and FMDF forum members and having a great time. Please, make your plans now to attend this hunt. We are looking forward to seeing you there. It is and continues to be, a diggin' good time for all!

I have given my word to the City of Rich Hill that we will not destroy their parks as they take great pride in them and their role in the history of the town. I'm asking you guys to give your support with this and please leave your shovels in your cars, bring your hand diggers, towels and fill your holes as neatly as possible.
Keep in mind, while we are there we are looked upon as ambassadors of our hobby and we want to make this a positive experience for the community of Rich Hill as well as for those attending the spring hunt.

Bring some of your best finds and your displays with you and do a little braggin'. We really enjoy looking at those treasures that you folks are finding out there.

We will be raising money for Clad4Kids at this event. I'm sure many of us will have already been out earlier in the Spring searching for our treasures, bring your dug clad with you and donate to Beefcakes Clad4Kids. Dug clad can come from the ground, your car or your pockets, these kids won't mind where it comes from.

As a reminder our event is marked on the forum calender, just in case.

Please PM lightningjack or Kansas Dave if you have any questions or concerns. If you want to know more about the FMDF annual treasure hunts check out last years event HERE

Please RSVP with your screen name to this thread.

We will be giving away some great prizes in our upcoming t-shirt contest! Watch for it in February.

Last edited:
Thanks for giving plenty of notice. It's a long way out, so I will see what I can do. A lot depends on the Army. This next deployment is probably falling through, so I will ikely be around. Just have to get that Friday shift covered. I will let you know!

Last year's hunt looked like a great time.

I know it is a long way out yet and I hope that you and many others will be able to make it in 2012. I will tell you this, we are working hard to offer some great sites to hunt Saturday and Sunday both, as I said we will posting more information in the coming months.

Hmmmm maybe I should set up a trip to visit some friends where we used to live around KC. Believe it or not, a 1200 mile road trip is definitely a possibility.

Count me in for this hunt. :woohoo:
I know this area very well. This will be one fantastic location for a group hunt. I hope everyone will mark their calendars and attend this hunt, you will not be disappointed.
Look forward to seeing all of you at this hunt. :photo:
:urock: Dave for picking this great location.

1907 Rich Hill White Sox vs Rockville.

baseball.jpg

This is a list of places to stay in and near Rich Hill if you are planning on attending. The information came directly from google search.

Apache Motel
Highway 71 & B Hwy, Rich Hill, Missouri
(417) 395-2161 ‎ · apachemotel.info
Category: Hotels
3 reviews
"Great beds despite how the first impression is. Love staying here!" -
$58

Super 8 Butler
1114 West Fort Scott Street, Butler, MO
(660) 679-6183 ‎ · super8.com
Category: Hotel
1 review
"Nice, comfortable, peaceful, and quiet place to stay. Great services, I ..." - yahoo.com

Days Inn Butler
100 Frank Shupe Lane, Butler, TN
(660) 679-4544 ‎ · daysinn.com
"Good place for overnight except for the fact the air was turned off in ..." - priceline.com

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Nevada
2520 East Austin, Nevada, MO
(417) 667-9292 ‎ · countryinns.com
1 review
"We were unfortunate to have ants in our room. The room was very ..." - hotels.com
$60

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
2345 E. Marvel Road, Nevada, MO
(417) 667-6777 ‎ · abvi.com
2 reviews
high speed internet access · dial up internet · vending machines · two miles · hbo
"They deactivated our room keys because they accused me of having more people ..." - hotels.com

71 Motel Nevada
400 North Osage, Nevada, MO
(417) 667-3331 ‎ · reservation.magnusonhotels.com
"Motel had comfortable bed & pillows. Plasma TV. Satellite. Small fridge." - priceline.com

Nevada Inn Motel
1514 East Austin Boulevard, Nevada, MO
(417) 667-5273 ‎ · nevadainnmotel.com
1 review
"I'm Family of C. O'Conner and Family, Thank you so much for taking such ..." -
$47

Super 8 Nevada
2301 East Austin Boulevard, Nevada, MO
(417) 667-8888 ‎ · super8.com
4 reviews
indoor heated pool · champion diamonds complex · high speed internet access · bushwhacker
"Rooms were adequate. There is nothing particularly delightful about this ..." - priceline.com
$57

Back
Top Bottom