Don't shoot the messenger

nugget_lover

Ok as a newbie I've heard a lot of what you can and can't do, so I went downtown (Phoenix) to the BLM office. And I just thought I'd share it with anyone that doesn't know it. I asked if I could use a metal detector on BLM land and this is what they said, Yes you can go on ALL of the BLM land here and use a metal detector. ALL I asked ? And was told again yes all even the ones with Claims on them. BUT .....and I thought here it comes. But you can't take anything off a Claim. This is fine with me as I have no intentions of EVEN going on some else's Claim. They even made sure I knew I didn't need a license for it. So there it is for any of you newbies. But even as I type this I'm sure someone will wonder about it, and hey thats fine too. lol Here's their Number to the downtown office of BLM here in Phoenix, Arizona 602-471-9200 Hope you find all the gold you can carry and then some....

I wonder if the same rules apply to BLM land in Colorado. The BLM is a federal entity isn't it? If so, then I would guess they were speaking for all BLM lands in the US.

Don't assume that. I've been to Colorado and got a different response when asking a similar question. They told me it depends on where I am and what I'm retrieving. :roll:

Booker, Thats what I thought to. Thats why I put the phone number down. lol If anyone else calls ands get another answer I'd like to know............lol

Meteorman, Thats a good point, and I would think so but I really don't know the answer. I'd just call to find out. Its better to be safe than sorry.

Kingfisher, Another good point thats what makes this fourm work. Think I'll see if they'll mail it to me, of course I made a point to write down the persons name down that told me that.

What, pray tell, does BLM stand for?

Trudy

On national property (national parks, e.g.) in Indiana, it's definite NO to use a detector on that land.

What, pray tell, does BLM stand for?

Trudy

On national property (national parks, e.g.) in Indiana, it's definite NO to use a detector on that land.

The Bureau of Land Management. Another government agency funded with our tax dollars.

Back
Top Bottom