Volleyball Courts 11/11/10

Gamecocks

Went to some volleyball courts today. They are located in a very large park that is very active with people. Spent about three hours there today. I hunted the sand and the surrounding grass areas.

I found most of the clad in the sand. The toe ring was found in the sand near the back of one of the courts. The diamond solitaire earring was found under where the ref would sit on the side of the courts. Junk ring was found in the grass next to courts. The 14k class ring was found in the grass just off the courts about 2 inches down.

Weather was awesome here in Nashville today. Mid 70s and blue sky! The pics are not good quality because my camera is old.

Also plenty of pulltabs, caps and random junk. FYI I was using the Ace 250 in jewelry mode at 5-6 bars of sensitivity. Also had Garret Pro Pointer.

Attachments

• P1010003.jpg
    P1010003.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 448
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 434
  • P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 439
Frequently you will find things around the poles that hold the net. People put their clothes, bags, etc there while they play and sometimes they lose stuff or it gets kicked. Good going on all the finds !! Steve in so az

Yeah I checked around the poles but the detector kept picking up the poles. I even turned down the sensitivity but still couldn't to close to them.

Great finds... were you using a sniper coil around the poles? I know the White's sniper coil does real well around metal poles. RickO

No I wasn't using the sniper coil. I was using the stock coil it comes with. I have a lot of cleaning to do in the grass areas around the courts. Lots of signals. Most in the nickel/pulltab range. And these pull tabs are deep, most are around 4+ inches.

Update on possible diamond find.

Using a magnifying glass I saw .925P stamped on the post of the earring. I am assuming that it means plated with silver. So the diamond is more than likely fake.

Oh well...maybe another time.

Back
Top Bottom