How does the F5 stand up to the AT Pro?

Malone77

I'm going to finally make my purchase next month, and I am most likely going to buy the AT Pro. I was wondering, though, how the F5 stands up to it. Which machine is all around the better machine?

Also, does anyone know if the Teknetics Gamma 6000 and Minelab X-Terra 505 are worth looking at?

I want a versatile machine that will last for a while, but don't want to have to put up with little glitches and annoying quirks of lesser quality machines. Thanks!

Over all? The AT is probably better. Its also more expensive and a bit heavier. I remember trying my f5 after using the at for a while and my arm sure did appreciate it

Over all they are both good. If money isnt an issue id say go pro honestly

Well the AT Pro will for sure perform in the fresh water great. I have both and the AT is probably what you want if you are not getting both. The F5 is a nice coin and jewelry MD.....so take your pick. The F5 is very light and works well....good luck on your purchase.:cool:

A friend of mine has a F5 for sale, I think he's selling it to buy a At-Pro...:lol:

Last edited:
AT vs F5

I have owned both. You have a lot more flexibility with the F5 as far as adjustments go. The F5 is not waterproof. The AT Pro does not seem to be as prone to EMI as the F5. The AT Pro is excellnt in iron if you learn how to interpret its sound. They both go pretty deep in my area. The F5 has a better warranty, but who keeps one that long anyway....Lol The F5 is cheaper if you know where to buy.......;o) I sold the F5 but still have the AT Pro. Can not go wrong with either one really.

Also, does anyone know if the Teknetics Gamma 6000 and Minelab X-Terra 505 are worth looking at?

I want a versatile machine that will last for a while, but don't want to have to put up with little glitches and annoying quirks of lesser quality machines. Thanks!
Of the machines you're looking at, the 505 is the most versitile. With 12 avalable coils to choose from in three frequencies, it can be set up to run with the big dogs most anywhere on land.

Them guys in DIGGERS use AT-Pros. More need not be said. :laughing:
:toofunny:

I was looking at the AT Pro and the Minelab 705 and I read all of the reviews and watched the videos on youtube. I decided on the 705 and bought one in mint condition in the box from a member here for $500. I am extremely pleased with it. So you may want to consider looking around for a used 705 or go with the 505.

Back
Top Bottom