• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1943 S Wheat Penny

WNYDigger

Since getting my metal detector and thinking of the past my mind was jogged and made me remember the coin collection that was left to me by my grand father. In this collection i found in a cardboard coin case a 1943 S wheatie that looks to be silver but after some investigating turns out to be steel. Does anyone have any information on this piece in terms of mintage,value etc.? Web searches have ranged the gammit and being new to the hobby I don't h ave much knowledge of key dates/ rare coins etc. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

I have no idea whatsoever on the value, mintage, etc.

But I do believe they register a "iron" signal of the detector.

Mintage was 191,550,000. value is .40 cents to 20.00 dollars depending on condition. If it was dug it will probably value at Very Fine or less. So value would be .40 cents to .65 cents. WOLF

Not a particularly valuable coin, however since it belonged to your grandpa I would think the value is more sentimental

Mintage was 191,550,000. value is .40 cents to 20.00 dollars depending on condition. If it was dug it will probably value at Very Fine or less. So value would be .40 cents to .65 cents. WOLF

Here is a picture showing different conditions of 1943 steel cents. The rusty one on the left is not worth much, the middle one is the .40 center and the one on the right is worth the most.

Attachments

• scan0029.jpg
    scan0029.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 492
Back
Top Bottom