I noticed something strange about my equinox 600

ohiochris

Elite Member
I was searching a small snowbank for someones lost wedding ring this past week. Turned out to be an easy find , it was 3 to 4 inches down and right about where someone might drop it while entering or exiting a vehicle in this particular parking lot. Took about 5 minutes total and it was great to find it so quickly. I had the detector set in 15 khz single frequency mode. The first hit was the ring. But the screen didn't show any ID number or possible depth it just hit solid and consistently and showed AU in screen center. Up until now I haven't really been searching for jewelry or gold , only coins and either its never only just showed AU before in multi or single mode or I just never noticed it. Having never noticed it doing that before and just freaking out because I found the ring so quick , at the time I took that to just be AU for possible gold. I was so excited I didn't really think about it until later when I started wondering why it did that. Now I have some more testing to do with it to see if it does that again. I am proficient with the detector but up until now Ive only hunted coins with it. Could this be an indication that the detector has a problem ? I don't remember seeing that before.

Anyway , the story on the ring is I rushed over and gave the ring to the owner and said I didn't need a reward but she insisted and I got $50 for 5 minutes of searching. Time well spent :D

Hi,
sounds like you did an auto noise cancel "AU" and didn't hit the detect button to go back to the main screen or you accidentally hit the settings button once and didn't notice. The Nox keeps right on detecting when it is in the auto noise cancel part of the settings so unless you looked and saw it, it would sound just like whatever mode you were in but with no numerical target ID.

great find.....for a fair price.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom