Something Wicked This Way Comes...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Hopefully.

Something is up at FTP.
Three new lower end Teknetics units that might be very capable,the T2 Classic came out awhile ago but that 85th Anniversary F75 was a cool surprise.
Now a $300 drop on an F75 LTD package with 2 coils.

Methinks something is afoot.

Let's hope so. Competition in this market is really starting to heat up.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

With a 11DD...pretty good stuff.

I have a Liberator and MinuteMan in my possession...and they look rad. Patriot should be here soon as well.

Very shrewd marketing...I think they are going to sell like crazy to the patriotic "Murica" people out there. My wife is ex-Army and very patriotic...she fell in love right away.

2017 should be plenty of fun for First Texas fans...price drops...new looks...new products...a long list of radness coming.

Hmmmmmmm.........Something vaguely familiar.

MSRP $449.

Teknetics Patriot:
13 kHz
Frequency Shift
All Metal Auto-Tune Mode
0-99 Target-ID (VDI)
Target-ID Confidence Bar
Ground Balance to Salt
Push-button Static Pinpoint
Speed Selection
Non-Voltative Memory (Saves Settings)

Attachments

• teknetics-patriot-1.jpg
    teknetics-patriot-1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,578
  • fisher-f70-04.jpg
    fisher-f70-04.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,561
Hmmmmmmm.........Something vaguely familiar.

MSRP $449.

Teknetics Patriot:
13 kHz
Frequency Shift
All Metal Auto-Tune Mode
0-99 Target-ID (VDI)
Target-ID Confidence Bar
Ground Balance to Salt
Push-button Static Pinpoint
Speed Selection
Non-Voltative Memory (Saves Settings)

It's bad, I am going to end up with a Patriot when they are released. The Mojave better move over as best seller, This Patriot should end up in every household across America.

I spent $400 on my F70 that had never seen dirt so I am fine.
Those looking to upgrade into the mid to higher end lines need to take a breath.
I have read of a few that just spent close to $1000 on the F75 LTD multi coil package then out of nowhere they dropped the price $300.
If this thing is an actual F70 rebadged I wonder what exactly FTP is planning.
Lots of their lines might be repositioned, I assume more higher end units might be coming out.

An exciting time to be a treasure hunter.
I got into this in 2010 and compared to then I have never seen so many units from entry level on up with so many quality features at these price points.

Will Fisher go multi-freak...who knows but I don't think this is over yet.

There was talk of a Fisher CZX model being released in 2016 that never happened, Maybe 2017 is the year for it ? It is a 2 frequency , it automatically senses the ground balance and adjusts so no manual ground balance is needed.

My Patriot should be here any day now! Can't wait! Thanks, Teknetics & FT! (Now I just need the remaining 3' of SNOW to go away!)

so far no one posting bad reviews.

Owning the F75 will say it is a serious machine for the serious hunter. The F75 really can hunt just about anywhere. Lots of different modes. But if you just hunt one or two modes a mid range detector may be for you.

Does anyone else have a Patriot on order ?:?:

Absolutely

Owning the F75 will say it is a serious machine for the serious hunter. The F75 really can hunt just about anywhere. Lots of different modes. But if you just hunt one or two modes a mid range detector may be for you.

Yeah - because metal detecting is all about saying how serious your detector is. :roll:

It is no secret the F70 came after the F75 and Dave Johnson himself has said there would be no reason to go sideways from a F70 to a F75 if you already own one.

Does anyone else have a Patriot on order ?:?:

I beleive only ones getting them have connections or are revieiwing. Dealers dont have order info or dates yet. Just the same teasers you see on facebook. I wouldnt be surprised if they are just sold big box or factory direct though.

Other than the patriot, you can already buy the other two cheaper under there other face stickers.

I beleive only ones getting them have connections or are revieiwing. Dealers dont have order info or dates yet. Just the same teasers you see on facebook. I wouldnt be surprised if they are just sold big box or factory direct though.

Other than the patriot, you can already buy the other two cheaper under there other face stickers.

Thanks for the info Craig. I am only interested in the Patriot since it is a F70 platform at a super price.

New marketing?
This might be just big box stuff as Craig mentioned...lower price points for the masses based on on some very capable and proven technology...especially if that Patriot is a rebranded F70.
If so an F70 for a similar price to the way less featured F4 is...startling!
If independent dealers are cut out on these maybe they will come out with some new products with hopefully some added value features to take the place of these three that they can make money on.

As far as actual ability the F70 might be missing some programs the flagship has but the core engine is there and I believe it is every bit as capable as its more well endowed brother.
Major depth, supreme target separation and recovery speed, control over thresh in disc which might not matter to some but to me it does, dual programs with complete control over each side by side.
Oh yea...it also always had boost although for some reason many have thought over the years it didn't...some still don't.
Dave J., (woof), has stated his opinions on the real differences many times and why the F70 has always been the very definition of the word "sleeper" but we F70 owners always knew what we had in our hands.
Post #8 in this thread...
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/fisher-research-labs/404516-no-love-f70.html

No DST which might be a deal breaker for some but lacking that never held me back once in any site over any soil under any conditions...including insane amounts of EMI.
You just have to know how to set it and take the time to understand it.
IMO this dog can definitely hunt!

From Dankowski's forum....this seems to be, to me, the best opinions on what's happening here but only FTP knows their entire plan.
For the average hunter 3 feature packed new named detectors plus lowering the price on the fully loaded flagship models makes this an exciting time.
I bet they're not done...there might be more and newer units released to fill in some slots yet to come.

lytle78
Re: The Re-branded are coming The Re-branded are coming

I guess you mean AmeriTek.

As far as I can tell, they are making no secret of the fact that these three detectors are the Eurotek Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro and Fisher F70 .

They have chosen 3 detectors out of their three brands which they feel represent already represent the best "bang for the buck" - and are marketing them as a seperate brand. Re-branding - yes, but also re-pricing and apparently marketing in a new way.

We haven't seen any details yet of exactly how this marketing will work, but I believe it represents a fresh approach to the broad market of value-conscious enthusiasts. We will see what they are really up to soon enough.

Mike Hillis
Re: Teknetics new machine!!

The new gold F75 DST model has rendered the F70 obsolete. The big thing about the F70 was getting F75 performance with a method to also get stability by having a Threshold control in Disc mode. But now why buy the little brother when you can own the new stabilized big brother for less money. Why buy the little brother when every year you can have the big brother updated to the LTD model. So how do you keep it in the line up? Rebadge it with a new price and a 'America First' patriotic screen print and name. Problem solved.

HH
MIke

Great, big box stores and lower prices only means more and better equipped competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, big box stores and lower prices only means more and better equipped competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has always been competition, and for myself I regret not starting out in the old days back in the 60's-70's when there was just much more in the ground to find.
Great stuff still out there, though, might be more challenging to find what's left in totally scoured sites but those that use and learn capable tools can still get in on the fun.

The biggest problem is/was those stupid metal detecting shows that showed the good stuff but neglected to show or get across the idea of exactly how much trash and other challenges we deal with out there.
Idiots that bought detectors and dug up parks with big holes leaving trash all around before abandoning the hobby but sometimes causing new rules about banning this hobby in some cities have happened because people can be ignorant and stupid.

Without those shows on the air egging on and planting fantasies in the minds of the general populace hopefully just the more sane and level headed will enter the hobby.
More competition, sure, but I have always dealt with that in two different states so normal to me.
Tot lots that have been scoured and culled to death, public parks and sites that have been hunted for decades so much they have been declared hunted out by others and through it all I still manage to find some great treasure they all missed.
Many bucket list items, too.

As always the tool is just one part of the equation that makes a competent and successful hunter.
Dedication in learning your craft and experience still counts more as far as I am concerned.

If the Patriot has DP tones, is as fast as the F70,...essentially IS an F70 except with a repopped logo plate.....then yeah....I'm a buyer..If however, some of the magic circuitry sauce has been disregarded or excluded, internal components cheapened up or quality compromised in any way from the standard F70..then no....

If its an IDENTICAL F70 with nothing but a repop Patriot silk screen,..then yes, if not, or any forthcoming wordy chicanery that I dont easily understand selling me otherwise...then No...I'd have to see one flying side by side to compare to Ol' Bessy...Can I DropNstop? HopNpop?

Funny thing about new product marketing intro strategies?..Out there in the World, there are people classified as 'persuaders'....A good example would be Brother Beephead with the Mojave...

Anyway...one would think for a new product rollout of this magnitude, FTP would have tried to get some buy in from some of us Loyalists?? Unless the plan is simply going big box off the shelf retail..Then who cares about what we think?? I will buy one a year from now off of Craigslist for $50...:laughing:

I will say this..Us loyal F70 rig runners are gonna know pretty damn soon what this Patriot is all about..

Back
Top Bottom